Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question about moving
Quote | Reply
It's been a long time since I really moved city to city (post-college in 2007 to be exact). My life has not reached a point where I've accumulated much stuff (i.e. furniture); in fact I have no stuff.

What I do have is bikes. Bikes, a motorcycle, and a sedan. Has anybody on here ever shipped stuff using one of the Pod systems? Upack, Packrat, etc. I'm curious as to rough cost without filling out all their online spam attack stuff...

Anyway, the most logical thing seems to be to ship most of the bikes and all of my crap (except 1 bike and some travel clothes), sell the motorcycle here in NC (moving to AZ), and drive while enjoying the beautiful (?) southwest and I-10.

Ultimately, I suppose my question is, has anybody used the packing services who can give me a rough idea of cost?
Quote Reply
Re: Question about moving [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Bout tree-fiddy.
Quote Reply
Re: Question about moving [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used UPack. I think it was $800-$900 for one cube from PA to VA and later VA back to PA but I think it's all based on distance so NC to AZ would be a lot more I'm sure.

Overall I was very happy with them. Drop off and pick up were easy and they will hold your stuff for a couple days in the new location free if you need them too.
Quote Reply