Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: May Swim Challenge [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 mi bike doing errands, 7.6 mi run 60:45, 1300 yd easy swim. Stiff arms.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't had much consistent training since we brought 140ironbaby home in February. I've also put on some weight. But, just to prove I still have the chops at 44, I came in 4th OA in a regional 4K open water race. 54:0x. I spent much of the race drafting a Sectional-level girl, and she eventually got me by about :04. It's worth noting that the three who did beat me are at least 24 years younger than I am. No wetsuits for us. It's always fun to look sloppy and a bit fluffy near all those fit and trim triathletes and then drop the truth on them. Same venue, Erin Dolan swam th 2k in a shade faster than my split...in a wetsuit, in 72-3 degree water.
Last edited by: 140triguy: May 31, 16 10:40
Quote Reply
Re: May Swim Challenge [140triguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done! Congrats on the ironbaby, too :-)

9.6 mi easy run, 1300 yds:

4 x 200 on 2:55
50 kick
4 x 100 alt fast (1:09s), easy
50 kick

Flying to Maine overnight!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't posted any workouts in awhile, not going to overly bore anyone with a three-pages long catch up post.

Raced the Bolder Boulder 10K yesterday for my first stand alone 10K in 10+ plus years. Holy shit that hurt. 37:29, 2nd M45-49. I think I prefer the 10K run leg of an Olympic distance race.

AM trainer ride, 60 minutes easy spinning
Lunch run, 9 miles easy cruising in 1:10:00
Planning an after work OWS, maybe half mile.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just finished my month of swimming with 106K of total distance.

• In March I focused on a ton of band pull. I really worked on my body position
  • In April, I focused on doing more kick sets with fins. Dolphin kick, kicking on my side, on my back, on my stomach all without flutter board and tried to incorporate a better sychronized kick into my swim. I also focused on bringing up my speed with band pull. Between speed with band pull and all that dolphin kicking my core became stronger. I'm one of the few 50 year olds at my pool with a six pack without doing any sit ups LOL!
  • This month I built on the above, but worked all 4 strokes, specifically, lots of fly working my body position and catch. I have found my fly has become more relaxed and the timing is better and this is translating over to my freestyle. The work in April in terms of kick with fins has also helped the power from my entire core and kick for my fly...again translating into better freestyle too.

I am not running yet with any degree of determinism without spasms, but I will be doing the IM Tremblant 70.3 in a relay with my son. I am doing the swim+bike, and he is running the half marathon. My goal after close to 500K of swimming this year is to go sub 30 minutes.
Quote Reply

Prev Next