Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

reco me a low profile road helmet
Quote | Reply
I am looking for something that can jack of all trades from commute to training to tri, so I know there are tradeoffs. I saw a guy rocking a Lazer helmet awhile back and it looked so snug and sleek instead of like a mushroom on his head. So that is the look I am going for, anyone have something like that fits this bill? Price range would like to stay ~$150 or under if possible.
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [ilikepizza] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro air attack shield?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would suggest the Specialized Evade. It has been a great all-around helmet for me. Everyone is different of course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized airnet. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Smith Overtake. Best helmet I have worn.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [Karl.n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another vote for Evade. Buddy just got one, really nice helmet. Don't get the Giro Air Attack...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Louis Garneau Course. On Sale for 155 at REI Outlet.
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This seems like a good find. I can't get over the look of the air net helmet, I know this is vanity at its finest. Evade is out of the price range, Air Attack seems to be in it though as I'm not sure I need the shield version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FatandSlow wrote:
Louis Garneau Course. On Sale for 155 at REI Outlet.

This. Keeps my head cool and seems aero enough. Or maybe my p09 just isnt aero on me. Hehe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager Ballista $175... tested very aero by 3rd party source. Good ventilation. Best bang for your buck IMO

I am wearing one at crit now and love it. Comfy, seems fast, price was reasonable.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll 2nd the Evade. I have two of them now, black and neon orange. The neon really adds a lot from a visibility perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [warwicke36] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 for Ballista. Aero, comfortable, breathable. I had a Giro Air Attack and hated it due to crappy ventilation. I love my Ballista.
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
Smith Overtake. Best helmet I have worn.

jake

x2 for the Smith Overtake. Most of my team is wearing this helmet this year, great hat, very comfy and aero as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bontrager ballista. Best helmet I've ever worn. Very comfy, great ventilation.... might be aero. Haven't tested it yet.
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rijndael wrote:
I'll 2nd the Evade. I have two of them now, black and neon orange. The neon really adds a lot from a visibility perspective.

I'll 3rd or 4th it, or whatever we're up to now.

Great brain bucket, aero, light, fits well, very adjustable, doesn't make me look like Gazoo.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ilikepizza wrote:
This seems like a good find. I can't get over the look of the air net helmet, I know this is vanity at its finest. Evade is out of the price range, Air Attack seems to be in it though as I'm not sure I need the shield version.

I can't recall the article, but neither the Air Net nor the Air Attack tested as fast or as cool as the Course.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After trying a few on yesterday I think the Air Attack is not what I am after either for when I'm commuting or casual rides. I did like the LG Course a lot, and second was probably the Lazer Blade. The good news is anything is more comfy and light than what I've been rocking. Thx all for the ideas.
Quote Reply
Re: reco me a low profile road helmet [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treyedr wrote:
X2 for Ballista. Aero, comfortable, breathable. I had a Giro Air Attack and hated it due to crappy ventilation. I love my Ballista.

I have one too. Only had it for a week or two but real comfy and cool. It is supposed to be very aero.
Quote Reply