Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wonder how many people calling for this woman's ban are friends with people whose ped use is obvious, even if they are in denial. I know three people in their 50's who are high level triathletes with builds that look to developed for endurance athletes. Do they use ped? I don't know. Based on my years of powerlifting and bodybuilding I would lean towards year. I'm batting 100% on people I suspect of steroid use that later came out.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry. As a 45-49 ag woman this entire thread pisses me off !!!
I have NEVER or will NEVER use PEDs. I have won races, place in my ag (usually win) and it NEVER occurred to me to use drugs.

I HATE CHEATERS !! RE READ the OP !!! This woman OBVIOUSLY KNOWS EXACTLY what she's doing (Julie Miller relative perhaps). I mean to even SAY she "has a loophole" and " intentionally allowed her cycling membership to lapse and have never joined USAT."

And someone said basically that it doesn't matter b/c it's her first race. First IRONMAN maybe. (I seem to recall an unknown by the name of Chrissie Wellington winning her first Ironman AND Kona that same year)
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [PJC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would she just tell you that? Don't dopers keep quiet except presumably with each other if they are doping together?

If this is real and not some long troll to see just how big of a twitchhunt this would create, pick up the phone and call USAT and USADA. Tell them what you told us. That's all you'd need to do. Let them do the rest.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [cassidyfit1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nobody said it didn't matter. And if I suggested that, I didn't mean to. Im more or less amused by the venom people have for this person and view it as more a reflection of them (yes coming from me). I'm all for tagging cheaters. But going after the low hanging fruit is a waste of resources time and anger. If this lady goes and podiums, report her in. But if you seriously think wada showing up at a beginners house is a good idea, you are nuts. There has to be a middle ground.

And im curious how many people you know are cheaters that you either deny are cheaters are don't care enough to report. It's easy to tell anonymous internet poster to turn somebody in,
But I guarantee you wouldn't with somebody you know. If you are an fop triathlete, you know cheaters period. And usually they are obvious. Yet I bet few of you have reported somebody.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dilbert wrote:
Why would she just tell you that? Don't dopers keep quiet except presumably with each other if they are doping together?

If this is real and not some long troll to see just how big of a twitchhunt this would create, pick up the phone and call USAT and USADA. Tell them what you told us. That's all you'd need to do. Let them do the rest.

Then there is this. I have been a part of some sports where people openly juiced and triathlon isn't one of them. So in not convinced said person exists and am surprised how quick people were to go after them.

Ask a serious bodybuilder who is obvious and they will laugh and say duh. Accuse a triathlete or cyclist and they deny or come upNeither lame medical excuses.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cassidyfit1 wrote:
I have NEVER or will NEVER use PEDs. I have won races, place in my ag (usually win) and it NEVER occurred to me to use drugs.

I HATE CHEATERS !! RE READ the OP !!! This woman OBVIOUSLY KNOWS EXACTLY what she's doing (Julie Miller relative perhaps). I mean to even SAY she "has a loophole" and " intentionally allowed her cycling membership to lapse and have never joined USAT."

And someone said basically that it doesn't matter b/c it's her first race. First IRONMAN maybe. (I seem to recall an unknown by the name of Chrissie Wellington winning her first Ironman AND Kona that same year)

I wonder when the Slowtwitch Sleuths are going to out this woman... where is PJC from? When is the next "ironman in a few weeks" ... hmmm

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [alanhawse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alanhawse wrote:
cassidyfit1 wrote:

I wonder when the Slowtwitch Sleuths are going to out this woman... where is PJC from? When is the next "ironman in a few weeks" ... hmmm

OP said on 4/18 that he is in Melbourne. IM Australia in Port Macquarie is on 5/7.

Cheaters suck.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So a twitch hunter might cross reference high placers in F45-49 @IMA vs. USACycling profiles that show inactivity over the past few years.....
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
So a twitch hunter might cross reference high placers in F45-49 @IMA vs. USACycling profiles that show inactivity over the past few years.....

Is this cheater in the 45-49 AG ?
(I mentioned I AM, but I don't remember reading that she was)
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A user name search has turned up a number of drug-cheat related threads started by the OP. Apparently he knows a lot of people who dope.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cassidyfit1 wrote:

Is this cheater in the 45-49 AG ?
(I mentioned I AM, but I don't remember reading that she was)

And that's why 'twitch hunts are so bad. I had remembered seeing that AG repeated a bunch of times in this thread, and made a bad assumption. We don't know. My bad.

But my method is probably still valid given that I doubt many female triathletes have USAC backgrounds. (just because USAC road cycling is so male-dominated in general).
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
A user name search has turned up a number of drug-cheat related threads started by the OP. Apparently he knows a lot of people who dope.

I noticed the same thing. He seems to be pretty obsessed with this topic. I kind of wonder about "this friend"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:

Steroid culture is pretty big in Oz these days. Not surprised that it's spilled over from the gym world into endurance sport.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"people whose ped use is obvious"

or every menopausal women in their mid to late 40's.......now there's a group I know are doped.

They are the biggest group using HRP. Someone needs to call the hotline! Those old bags are on the juice!
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [Beachboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The list is also so extensive and filled with items that do not enhance the performance of mere mortals enough to warrant going after or banning people. We're talking stuff that may give a pro cyclist a second edge in that last spint. Not get an age grouper from back of the pack to middle. Or even middle to too 25%.

Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
noofus wrote:

I noticed the same thing. He seems to be pretty obsessed with this topic. I kind of wonder about "this friend"

It's not me. I am a 12hr athlete and no amount of doping would help me get to a 9:20. I'd rather spend my money on food rather than drugs.

I have since reported the female athlete to USADA via here http://www.usada.org/athletes/playclean/

BTW I'm also male

Rhymenocerus wrote:
I think everyone should consult ST before they do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [rTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rTri wrote:
I've always been curious about comments like this, "She knows at least a handful of times she's been beat by dopers."

How does one come to that conclusion? They say doping can help you by something like 8%, right? I would love to know how you can identify that in a fellow competitor. Cause these people they call "pros" keep beating me really bad.

Here's how I know. People I trust having seen it or heard the dopers do it or talk about it. Even one step removed with names when it's plausible: someone I know and trust saying "X said he saw Y doping." I "knew" Tyler Hamilton was doping years before he was caught in that way. A friend heard a teammate of Hamilton's, who had no reason to lie, talk about it.

Or a friend I trust told me a guy, whose brother was caught, told him he doped too.

Or someone hanging out/training/traveling with people who have been proven to dope or deal dope. There was a cycling team with connection in my area in which several people have been caught doping over they years, one was caught dealing, and one person who wasn't caught put in remarkable performances for a few years, then retired around the time the dealer (his close close friend) was caught.

Not "knowing" with 100% certainty where I'd bet my life. But knowing with near-certainty where I'd bet some money if there as a way to prove it.

I don't "know" just because someone is fast.

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [jt10000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I "knew" Tyler Hamilton was doping years before he was caught in that way. A friend heard a teammate of Hamilton's, who had no reason to lie, talk about it.

Not "knowing" with 100% certainty where I'd bet my life. But knowing with near-certainty where I'd bet some money if there as a way to prove it.

I think you need to look up 'believe' and 'know'.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
or every menopausal women in their mid to late 40's.......now there's a group I know are doped.

They are the biggest group using HRP. Someone needs to call the hotline! Those old bags are on the juice!

Well...if you're another woman in her 40s who chooses NOT to participate in all that anti-aging hormone replacement stuff so as to stay clean, then yes, it does annoy you to be competing against your peers who choose not to follow the same rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Drug Testing Loophole [darkwave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I knew it.....those old bags are a bunch of dopers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:
kileyay wrote:
noofus wrote:

It's not me. I am a 12hr athlete and no amount of doping would help me get to a 9:20. I'd rather spend my money on food rather than drugs.

I have since reported the female athlete to USADA via here http://www.usada.org/athletes/playclean/

BTW I'm also male

I just wanted to thank you for taking that step. I know you haven't said what race it is or AG, but I happen to know a few people looking to KQ at an upcoming race who might be affected by this person and I am glad to know the "authorities" have been tipped off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
PJC wrote:
kileyay wrote:
noofus wrote:

BTW I'm also male

I just wanted to thank you for taking that step. I know you haven't said what race it is or AG, but I happen to know a few people looking to KQ at an upcoming race who might be affected by this person and I am glad to know the "authorities" have been tipped off.

x2 cheers to a clean sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beachboy wrote:
I knew it.....those old bags are a bunch of dopers!

Not all steroids are banned. Here's a tip, though: HRT and oral contraceptives may only be allowed for women, so you might want to lay off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, the OP does probably know a lot of people who dope. i don't know if the OP wants it known who he is, but because of a lot of past associations going back decades and because of his own personal preferences in his own style of bike racing, yeah, he probably knows a lot of people who dope or who have doped.

it is my opinion, just my sense, because i know him, that he is more likely than i am to jump to a conclusion that somebody is doping before the evidence is there. but i was very reticent about lance. i give the benefit of the doubt, always have, and maybe more than i should have.

i know absolutely nothing about the case in point (the subject of this thread). but i have wondered EXACTLY about this, what the OP is talking about. if you do not take out an annual membership you are not entering a process whereby you are subject to anti-doping out of competition. i have thought to write about this - to investigate this. maybe this thread will cause me to do that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PJC wrote:

Thank you.

Eliot
blog thing - strava thing
Quote Reply

Prev Next