Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Forget work/training or family/training balance... [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
You need a smaller yard. Or a teenager

This. I have two teenage boys. I haven't mowed the lawn in 3 years. Or raked leaves. Or taken out the garbage.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Forget work/training or family/training balance... [coreyasaur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in how fatigued you are post workout. Your workouts shouldn't be trashing you so much that you can't handle pushing a mower when you get home. I would make two suggestions.
1) you are improperly fueling pre/during/post workout causing decreased energy
2) you are training harder/longer than you should be

I train 13-16 hours a week depending on time of the year. After a solid 4 hour bike and 40 minute pace run off the bike, I'll come home, have lunch, then go to yard work. I find that the constant moving around after a solid session helps with recovery.

Check your intensity and check your fueling. Otherwise you just may need to HTFU and remember there's no complaining allowed when playing bikes.

Merge Multisport Founder & Head Coach
USAT Level 2 - Short & Long Course
Ironman Certified
Brevard, NC
Quote Reply
Re: Forget work/training or family/training balance... [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to love mowing the lawn because of the brainless aspect of it. But, my wife hired a lawn service after I "accidentally" mowed over a few of the pretty flowers. She doesn't consider me safe to cut the lawn anymore and now I have more time to go play.
Quote Reply
Re: Forget work/training or family/training balance... [coreyasaur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get a push reel mower, and do a slow run: http://www.amazon.com/...-Mower/dp/B00004RA3E

Those things take a ton of effort to move. And I bet it does a cleaner cut if it is going faster.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Quote Reply
Re: Forget work/training or family/training balance... [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We downsized and moved to a condo where housework is minimal and yard work is done for us. Best decision ever!
Quote Reply

Prev Next