Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: St. George Roll Call [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Came into the course fearing the bike.

Ended up PR'ing the bike and paying for it on the run- gave all of that time back and then some.

But it was a great day- I learned a lot about my capabilities and how better to prepare for conditions.

Top-notch volunteers and a great day outside.
Quote Reply
Re: St. George Roll Call - update; post your RR here! [Longboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Bob, Well you made it! Congrats on getting through that crazy race. I've been swimming a lot in the ocean lately, oftentimes without a wetsuit and 60 degrees, sometimes below that, for as long as an hour. I come out shivering for a good half-hour and with Raynaud's syndrome, sometimes. Anyway, with the wetsuit, I was totally comfortable in that water and felt slightly overheated exiting. But I'm sure my cold acclimation played a huge part of getting through the bike, wearing only bib shorts, a long sleeve tight tech shirt and a sleeveless top, plus really thin (meaning next to useless) gloves. I couldn't pull my bottles for drinks/nutrition later in the ride, missed several handoffs, but finally snagged a gel. My hands would not function. I figured I might be OK since at T2, I had a bottle of thick Vitargo in my bag to suck down starting my run, and then I knew lot's of water would be available along the way. That worked great. My legs hated me on the run, and it shows in my run time. Oh well. I enjoyed the experience. And, yes, the volunteers were fantastic. I don't think I've ever said Thank You so many times in a day.

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next