Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Shower or bath? [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bathing in my own filth stew? No thanks, shower. Plus my time is usually better spent napping than laying in a tub of water.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no phobia about laying in my own filth, I just don't have time for a bath. You end up getting the final amount of soap or whatever off of you after a bath with a shower anyway.

I do occasionally sit down while taking a shower so what do you call that...shath?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After breaking my leg in October, I was forced to only take baths for 3 months. It was not ideal but I had to make it work.

As a wommens, I occasionally enjoy a scented epsom-salt bath or some other form of girly-smell-pretty type of soak. When it was necessary with a broken leg, I learned how to speed things up and bathed at night instead of the morning, no soaking or sitting, just wash and get out. But for relaxation, I love turning on music and hanging out for a bit longer.
Last edited by: lisac957: May 2, 16 9:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lived in South Africa for a while and the house only had a bathtub it was there that I learned that bathing in a tub is a pain in the ass. It takes way too long.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
Not sure if that's better or worse.

Summer of 1993 I worked at a waterpark that had a huge hot tub in the middle. At the end of the day it would have transitioned from its 7am clear/blue colour to more of a pea soup (more like pee soup) yellow/green, but customers never noticed because they weren't there long enough to notice the colour change. Nasty as fuck. None of the staff would go in it, even when we rotated through it we'd sit on the top rail with our feet on the cement surround.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sully wrote:
Serial bather since birth.
Male, 33 years old.
Why stand when I can lay down?

It was good that you mentioned you're "male." And yes, the quotes were necessary. Because I otherwise would have thought complete pussy.

Never mind, forget that. You are a complete pussy.
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
So, you like to lie around in your stink of the day. That's nasty.

Exactly. Baths are disgusting. Seems like you'd have to take a shower after one.

That said, apparently, I've taken a shit while in a bath. Or so I've been told. Don't quite remember.
Last edited by: AlanShearer: May 2, 16 14:56
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shower for the time efficiency and ability to keep the water at a consistently hot temperature. However, I'm taking an ice bath tonight. I did my first mountain bike race yesterday after doing a long run the day prior; my legs are destroyed, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to ice them in the tub. Side note: mountain bike racing is freaking hard. My god, it hurts in ways I could have never have imagined from my road racing days. Thank god for the ability to take an ice bath.

mck414 wrote:
Bathing in my own filth stew? No thanks, shower. Plus my time is usually better spent napping than laying in a tub of water.
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Shower for the time efficiency and ability to keep the water at a consistently hot temperature. However, I'm taking an ice bath tonight. I did my first mountain bike race yesterday after doing a long run the day prior; my legs are destroyed, so I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to ice them in the tub. Side note: mountain bike racing is freaking hard. My god, it hurts in ways I could have never have imagined from my road racing days. Thank god for the ability to take an ice bath.

mck414 wrote:

Officially my LR spirit animal.

Had the truck at the shop this afternoon which is right next to a great running trail. Long run with intervals while it was being worked on so tonight I ice bath (after a semi warm shower to nix the filth).

Looking forward to any of your posts on mtn bike racing..I've transitioned from road running/biking to trail running/trail biking coming soon. Looking forward to it but all I keep thinking while running these mountain trails is "ouch..that part would really hurt on a bike". Definitely need to improve my shifting chops to not kill myself up there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best time to make deffizzed coke is while taking a bath.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thread tangent but here goes...
...yeah first Mtb race for me was Saturday. It rained (even hailed a bit) and was in the mid 50's. Not only my first Mtb race, by my first race of any kind in about 7 years. As you say, tough day. My takeaway...it's all about how fast you can go uphill, which is all about being light, which is the opposite of what I am. I didn't realize I could go that slow for that long without falling over. Can't wait to do it again.

To get back on the thread...I was cold and wet afterwords and would have loved a hot bath, or at least a hot shower. Staying at a miserly friend's house who keeps the water heater too cold...I got neither.
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the spirit of Old School--You're my boy, Blue!

It was brutal. I previously road raced when I had sufficient time to train with big volume. I was crazy fit and that racing was hard (even if I was a "stupid" racer burning matches at all the wrong times), but nothing like MTB. Cyclocross is crazy hard and I think CX is just as hard physically & as explosive as mountain bike racing. But it's the technical skills in MTB that destroyed me. CX technical skills are different--more areas to pass, more areas to just open up, wider apexes to turn. I got caught behind slower riders on the abundance of single track, wasn't aggressive enough to pass until I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was safe, whereas more proficient riders had the skills to pass in much more technical and tighter areas. I'd finally get around and then it was time to chase...until bottlenecking behind the next slower rider from an earlier wave and repeating it. I'm definitely not as punchy & strong as I was at my peak and wouldn't have competed for the win with great technical skills, but would have been much more competitive. I was second in my group the first time I did Iceman, have fairly similar fitness to then, but made the mistake of thinking this would be like Iceman, non-technical. Nope! I'll definitely be doing some more MTB racing, but I definitely need to do more MTB riding with a group to be comfortable with that setting & might seek out a skills clinic. It was awesome, but holy crap it was tough.

At this point in life with kids, etc. I'm more focused on doing what I find to be the most fun, so more trail running (except for a stupid 25k road run race in a couple weeks...free entry, couldn't pass it up), MTB, and CX. I love CX, not great at it but love it. Dirt is definitely where it's at.

Skipjack wrote:

Had the truck at the shop this afternoon which is right next to a great running trail. Long run with intervals while it was being worked on so tonight I ice bath (after a semi warm shower to nix the filth).

Looking forward to any of your posts on mtn bike racing..I've transitioned from road running/biking to trail running/trail biking coming soon. Looking forward to it but all I keep thinking while running these mountain trails is "ouch..that part would really hurt on a bike". Definitely need to improve my shifting chops to not kill myself up there.
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
The closest I get to taking a bath is a hot tub.

We have a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKmejXZJN2M
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmBle0Dljw

----
Don't hold back
Quote Reply
Re: Shower or bath? [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
In the spirit of Old School--You're my boy, Blue!

It was brutal. I previously road raced when I had sufficient time to train with big volume. I was crazy fit and that racing was hard (even if I was a "stupid" racer burning matches at all the wrong times), but nothing like MTB. Cyclocross is crazy hard and I think CX is just as hard physically & as explosive as mountain bike racing. But it's the technical skills in MTB that destroyed me. CX technical skills are different--more areas to pass, more areas to just open up, wider apexes to turn. I got caught behind slower riders on the abundance of single track, wasn't aggressive enough to pass until I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was safe, whereas more proficient riders had the skills to pass in much more technical and tighter areas. I'd finally get around and then it was time to chase...until bottlenecking behind the next slower rider from an earlier wave and repeating it. I'm definitely not as punchy & strong as I was at my peak and wouldn't have competed for the win with great technical skills, but would have been much more competitive. I was second in my group the first time I did Iceman, have fairly similar fitness to then, but made the mistake of thinking this would be like Iceman, non-technical. Nope! I'll definitely be doing some more MTB racing, but I definitely need to do more MTB riding with a group to be comfortable with that setting & might seek out a skills clinic. It was awesome, but holy crap it was tough.

At this point in life with kids, etc. I'm more focused on doing what I find to be the most fun, so more trail running (except for a stupid 25k road run race in a couple weeks...free entry, couldn't pass it up), MTB, and CX. I love CX, not great at it but love it. Dirt is definitely where it's at.

Skipjack wrote:

Yeah, I'm in the same camp. No long distance tri's for me in the foreseeable future. Whatever is accessible, interesting to me, and not a huge time suck (ie 5 hour trainer sessions) is what I'm pursuing nowadays. Only races on the books are a few 50k's on trails/mountains over the next 6 months...they don't even have finisher medals..and I do love finisher medals but I guess I can go without if I'm actually enjoying myself vs grinding through a 26.2 after "racing" for the previous 8 hours.

Just a years worth of cyclocross experience for me but even that I found way more technical than any other biking I've done..sounds like I've got quite the learning curve once I nail down a mountain bike.

To keep the thread on point - I still take ice baths after any effort I deem a pain in the ass ( and took one last night ) :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next