Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Took the place of Triathlon for me. [unsubscribed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did I see a wild weasel sticker on that car? Chirp chirp chirpa-chirpa. Boop boop boop boop!

My post-triathlon plan is to buy a Cirrus SR-22 or something similar and fly that thing everywhere. Not gonna happen for as long as I can still run. When my knees go then we'll have some fun in the sky.
Quote Reply
Re: Took the place of Triathlon for me. [unsubscribed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same here, kinda'. Took up Crossfit and now enjoy indoor rowing a bunch. But getting on the water seems like a pain in the a$$.
Quote Reply
Re: Took the place of Triathlon for me. [Gurudriver10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gurudriver10 wrote:
Same here, kinda'. Took up Crossfit and now enjoy indoor rowing a bunch. But getting on the water seems like a pain in the a$$.

You should get out on the water, if you like indoor rowing you'll love the real thing. Most rowers see the erg as a (painful) means to an end. Nothing quite beats the feeling of skimming along a nice calm bit of water early on a sunny morning in a good crew. Imagine going out on the bike and getting a fast and well-drilled paceline going, on lovely smooth roads, with beautiful scenery and great weather and you'll have some idea what I'm talking about.

Actually, have just read that back to myself and realised there are a significant number of people on the tri forum who would probably prefer to sit on the trainer in their garage staring at a screen trying to hold a power number rather than getting out on a nice group ride in the countryside. If you're one of those people then you're probably best off sticking to the indoor rower - dealing with people, technique and water conditions is just going to mess up your workout numbers ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Took the place of Triathlon for me. [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used to lead group rides until people 1) generally drove me nuts or 2) tried to wreck me out! Yes, I'm garage guy with the power meter. I really like 1 hour in the gym now and getting on the water sounds like a total chore. But I should try it before I knock it. Thanks for posting.

cartsman wrote:
Gurudriver10 wrote:

You should get out on the water, if you like indoor rowing you'll love the real thing. Most rowers see the erg as a (painful) means to an end. Nothing quite beats the feeling of skimming along a nice calm bit of water early on a sunny morning in a good crew. Imagine going out on the bike and getting a fast and well-drilled paceline going, on lovely smooth roads, with beautiful scenery and great weather and you'll have some idea what I'm talking about.

Actually, have just read that back to myself and realised there are a significant number of people on the tri forum who would probably prefer to sit on the trainer in their garage staring at a screen trying to hold a power number rather than getting out on a nice group ride in the countryside. If you're one of those people then you're probably best off sticking to the indoor rower - dealing with people, technique and water conditions is just going to mess up your workout numbers ;-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next