Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Reviews on Rev3 Williamsburg
Quote | Reply
Looking at doing Rev3 Williamsburg- any reviews? good course? good transition area? Overall well put together? AKA Worth doing?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews on Rev3 Williamsburg [cfmini32] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which distance are you racing? I think the course has changed since I did it but I recall a very fast course.

Some of my thoughts from the 2013 Olympic race can be found here: http://www.ruschracing.com/...20/rev3-williamsburg

Rusch Racing | website | @maggieru | Instagram
Ask me about: Alto Cycling | Cuore | Base Performance | XTERRA Wetsuits | Cadence Run Company | First Bourn. Coached by: Desert Dude

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool thanks. I'm doing half Ironman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cfmini32 wrote:
Cool thanks. I'm doing half Ironman

please come back and do a post race report. I'm thinking of doing this race next year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did it last year, but everything has changed. It was a Challenge race then. Now it's a Rev3 race. And the course is totally different (which is probably a good thing--the course was ok, but nothing special--and now they have it down to one transition area rather than two). Maybe the only thing that will stay the same is that it was hot as hell last year.

Williamsburg is a good race locale. Lots of lodging options and things to do if you happen to be bringing a family along.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rev3 Williamsburg was my first Rev3 race a couple years ago, and it was a fantastic experience. Rev3 puts on a top notch race - well organized, great transition area, great finish line area, free race photos, etc. They made me feel like I was at a higher level pro race than a local race.

The course is different this year - I'll be racing it, so will be curious too how it compares with years past. But I believe they are going for a better experience for spectators and families, as well as athletes. I will be happy not to be in the James with the current :) It will be hot, but the run course is mostly shaded from what I hear.

I'd definitely recommend it as a race!

Christina
Quote Reply
Re: Reviews on Rev3 Williamsburg [cfmeyer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Thanks for the great feedback! See you there!
Quote Reply