Quote | Reply
An awesome one.

Let's call this the back seat driver.

http://bearingarms.com/...ppers-in-front-seat/

Heck, lets do a twofer.

Way to go

http://bearingarms.com/...grandma-shoots-dead/

Or a threefer

This one is good, but not the ending I would prefer.

http://bearingarms.com/...armed-home-intruder/

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Considering there are roughly 82 homicides from guns every single day in the U.S., it's quite an achievement to come up with 1 or 2 feel good stories a month.

At least your examples aren't n=1. Maybe n=10 but definitely not n=1.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
Considering there are roughly 82 homicides from guns every single day in the U.S., it's quite an achievement to come up with 1 or 2 feel good stories a month.

At least your examples aren't n=1. Maybe n=10 but definitely not n=1.

First your n=35 homicdes per day, 82 is including suicides.

I know you are aware of this CDC study but continue to choose to ignore it.

This from Slate, one of most preferred site of liberals.

7. Guns are used for self-defense often and effectively. “Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million per year … in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008,” says the report. The three million figure is probably high, “based on an extrapolation from a small number of responses taken from more than 19 national surveys.” But a much lower estimate of 108,000 also seems fishy, “because respondents were not asked specifically about defensive gun use.” Furthermore, “Studies that directly assessed the effect of actual defensive uses of guns (i.e., incidents in which a gun was 'used' by the crime victim in the sense of attacking or threatening an offender) have found consistently lower injury rates among gun-using crime victims compared with victims who used other self-protective strategies.”

http://www.slate.com/...findings_from_a.html

so 12000 homicides vs 500,000+ positive outcomes. Isn't that more like n=1300+ per day vs n=35?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, is my laser sight working?…

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [patf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It appears then that the obvious solution to the high crime and murder rates with guns in America is that everyone should carry a gun to increase the defensive statistics.
Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's known as a self correcting problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, and maybe there will be less assholes.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

Ever hear the quote "An armed society is a polite society?"
Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [140.6sj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes in fact I believe strongly in that. I'm convinced that's why some states with strict gun laws are full of so many assholes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Yes in fact I believe strongly in that. I'm convinced that's why some states with strict gun laws are full of so many assholes.

I'm still waiting on the massive increase in gun violence from Texas open carry passage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Or the same or more...except now they have guns.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. You may supercharge a small number. But states like New York and California, cities like Chicago and philly are notorious for rude behavior and happen to have strict gun laws.

They move to states like Florida and infect them to a small extent but it doesn't become as pervasive.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
No. You may supercharge a small number. But states like New York and California, cities like Chicago and philly are notorious for rude behavior and happen to have strict gun laws.

They move to states like Florida and infect them to a small extent but it doesn't become as pervasive.

I agree, people are a lot less likely to be jerks if they think someone might be carrying
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
An awesome one.

Let's call this the back seat driver.

http://bearingarms.com/...ppers-in-front-seat/

Or, how 'bout this one...?

http://www.nydailynews.com/...at-article-1.2615430

Quote Reply
Re: Today's awesome gun story. [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

But, but guns don't kill...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually that article was linked in my various ones. The stance of the publication and I is that a loaded gun should never be left in reach of a young child. This woman was stupid, I don't know what point you are trying to prove. I wouldn't let my children have access to power or heavy tools let alone a gun. You anti-gun people get a hardon with every foolish gun accident, but think nothing much more common power tool injuries, pool deaths and a host of other things. That is why I have to publish stories like this.

http://www.forbes.com/...are-tools_slide.html

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
.... You anti-gun people get a hardon with every foolish gun accident, but think nothing much more common power tool injuries, pool deaths and a host of other things. That is why I have to publish stories like this.

http://www.forbes.com/...are-tools_slide.html

I'm not the one starting a new thread every few days trying to polish my NRA hard-on, but whatever...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not the one starting a new thread every few days trying to polish my NRA hard-on, but whatever...

He searches very hard for the feel good gun stories because there are so few, it takes a lot of effort. Posting the hundreds of bad stories each week would be too easy.

He makes a perfect NRA student though, obedient and doesn't ask a lot of questions, just throw in a few misleading statistics once in a while and you are good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are funny. I don't have to look for them. And most of the stats I provide a are supported by the cdc. But whatever.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

But, but guns don't kill...

Im sorry, but GUNS do not kill, idiots do. Obviously the child didnt know better so thats not the idiot, the person who let the child get ahold of the gun (aka not proper gun control) is an idiot.

I have a gun in my car, yes, but it is also in a steel safe underneath a seat where you need a combination (or spare key, both of which are always on me)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
It appears then that the obvious solution to the high crime and murder rates with guns in America is that everyone should carry a gun to increase the defensive statistics.

Or we could send in the BLM crew to inform the folks that they need to stop shooting all these black people....

...but I think they're waiting for a white guy to be the shooter and the white folks are not being very cooperative.
Quote Reply