Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Bike Fit - Which Size P5 or Speed Concept? [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl-

See data from today's fit below. Based upon today's points it would appear a size "Large" SC frame would be best and give me a lot of range for adjustment?
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Fit - Which Size P5 or Speed Concept? [sharkbaitguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can still make a case for either one, though you are now trending towards the large in most of the measurements. The pad reach is still way out there, so without having seen what you actually look like in that position I'm worried that you're kind of stretched out. Slowman's rule of thumb says saddle height and saddle nose to shifter tend to be nearly equal +/- 1-2 cm and you're well outside that...of course an Adamo (ridden correctly) will make up a bunch of that difference for you.

In the end, I can't argue too much against the large for you, based on the fit outputs.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: New Bike Fit - Which Size P5 or Speed Concept? [sharkbaitguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now with a lot of the new bikes introduced, looking to resurrect the idea of which bike fits? Really considering finding a 58cm Cervelo P5 with the low configuration as this would appear to give me some room up or down. Also like the front-center measurement of 640mm on the Cervelo.

One other caveat is that the fitter who helped me with this fit is no longer available and has moved on from the shop where I went for my fit sessions back in May.

Another way to look and interpret the information would be: Is there a bike or bikes that are a better fit or best fit or optimal?

Based upon the following information:

Last edited by: sharkbaitguy: Oct 7, 16 15:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
technically still between sizes on SC (L & XL), but now closer to XL which David's output has had you on all along. FC of 650mm, and on a low-far stem you'd be right in the middle of the pad stack range on that stem.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

This is the other fit data that we established back in May, which I would say would be the extreme. We got to this point which felt good without trying to see how far or extreme we could go or get to. I'm assuming that I would start with the previous position and get somewhere between the two. A little discouraged as I have been waiting for all of the new bikes to be released and waiting to see if I should wait on a Speed Concept update, along with the fact that the fitter is no longer available if I do move forward with a new bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl -

Really appreciate all of the help with answering questions.

Still trying to decide between ordering a Speed Concept or going with a Cervelo P5, here are some of my concerns:

1). A size "LARGE" Speed Concept seems to be well within my range for arm pad stack and I will double check my reach (once I get a bike to setup, ride and test), however concerned that the front-center and wheelbase will be short at: 624mm front-center and 1010mm wheelbase.

2). A size "EXTRA LARGE" Speed Concept allows for my starting arm pad stack of 645mm, but is limited to dropping to 625mm. The front-center is 650mm and wheelbase is 1037mm.

3). A size "58cm" Cervelo P5 is comparable to the XL Speed Concept, with the front-center being slightly shorter at 640mm and wheelbase of 1027mm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As I said just a few posts up, XL appears to be the better fit and addresses your FC concerns. FWIW, and since you seem to be concerned about minimum pad stack on the XL, the 58 Cervelo bottoms out at 621mm of pad stack.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, again!!!

So, I went back and read through this article, again, in an attempt to understand my "Reach from Saddle to Bars" measurement/output:

(http://www.slowtwitch.com/...s_Pad_Y/X__5859.html)

It appears Dan's stated Arm Pad Stack is 640mm and Arm Pad Reach is 505mm.

Based upon my fit output, with a proposed Pad Stack of 644mm and Arm Pad Reach of 526mm is the difference of 26mm in Arm Pad Reach significant? I'm beginning to wonder and do not recall if there was something missed or inputed incorrectly to come up with the Reach from Saddle to Bars of 904mm?

As the Adamo PS1.1 was setup 50mm behind the bottom bracket and the difference in arm pad reach of 21mm (526-505mm), would this account for some of the 904mm measurement vs. something in the range of 809mm (saddle height) +/-10-20mm which would appear to be the targeted goal? I say this because it would appear that my arm pad stack/reach appear to be within an acceptable range?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, there's not much difference in pad reach between you and Dan.

Saddle to bars, as far as i can tell from the cartoon on that fit sheet, and the magnitude of the number, is actually measuring from saddle to the end of the shifters. It has nothing to do with your pad reach number.

I see nothing out of the ordinary about your pad stack and reach.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next