Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

John Boehner is a Funny Guy (Who Knew?)
Quote | Reply
He threw out the following comments while speaking at Stanford.

"Boehner called Ted Cruz “Lucifer in the flesh." He added, “I have Democrat friends and Republican friends. I get along with almost everyone, but I have never worked with a more miserable son of a bitch in my life.”"

"Boehner also summed up his record in Congress: “I think my proudest accomplishment is walking out of there the same jackass I was 25 years before.”"

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/john-boehner-says-ted-cruz-is-%E2%80%9Clucifer-in-the-flesh%E2%80%9D-and-a-%E2%80%9Cmiserable-son-of-a-bitch%E2%80%9D/ar-BBsnppT?li=BBnb7Kz

I never had strong feelings one way or the other on Boehner while he was in Congress, but he seemed pretty "professional" compared to some of the other people there. Nice to see he feels free to say what he's thinking these days.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: John Boehner is a Funny Guy (Who Knew?) [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think he was trying to be funny. He really, really hates the guy.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: John Boehner is a Funny Guy (Who Knew?) [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
I don't think he was trying to be funny. He really, really hates the guy.

And he really is the same jackass, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At what point in the speech did he start crying?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: John Boehner is a Funny Guy (Who Knew?) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At what point in the speech did he start crying?

Probably when the news came that Fiorina agreed to run with Lucifer, I mean Cruz...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally some truth from a politician.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently Ted has a lot of friends among his colleagues.

Peter King really hates Ted Cruz, so much so that he suggested John Boehner gave the devil a bad name by comparing him to the Texas senator.

In an interview with CNN, the New York Republican congressman told Wolf Blitzer he agreed with the former House speaker, who called Cruz “Lucifer in the flesh” on Wednesday night.

“Maybe he gives Lucifer a bad name by comparing him to Ted Cruz,” King said. “Listen, what John Boehner was most concerned about was Ted Cruz perpetrated a fraud and a hoax when he brought about the shutdown of the government on some kind of a vague promise that he was gonna be able to take Obamacare out of the budget or to end Obamacare.”

King argued that Cruz knew his strategy would never work, but he did it anyway. He “shut down the government, cost the government money” and “served no purpose whatsoever other than to boost his name identification.”
http://www.politico.com/...222589#ixzz479EKwj9T

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: John Boehner is a Funny Guy (Who Knew?) [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkca1 wrote:
Finally some truth from a politician.

Uh, no.

Well, maybe it's true but he would have said it even if it wasn't.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL indeed.

Boehner was my former neighbor (Wetherington/West Chester, OH) and really wasn't a bad guy at all. Didn't want his daughters being raised in/around DC and traveled back home as often as he could. Didn't come from money at all. Large family that owned a bar/restaurant.

He wasn't my style of guy (politician, smoker, golfer) but SO different in person then in the media. Another cyclist friend of mine one of his congressional staffers for years and she really liked him (as far as politicians go) and I trust her more than those who never even met the guy.

Re: John Boehner is a Funny Guy (Who Knew?) [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We bumped into him at a beach bar on Anegada. I don't think most the people there had any idea who is was, or cared if they did. I dislike his politics for the most part, but he seemed to be pretty low key in person and was obviously having fun that day. It would be hard not to at Cow Wreck though.
Quote Reply