Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [BGNole97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No on 70.3 yes on marathon. I went a 3:07 just a few months ago.

(Oh but you made the right choice not to go!)
Last edited by: ajthomas: Apr 29, 16 7:27
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BlackStumpGumby wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
I'd love to know what she did for 90+ minutes.

I keep thinking she sat in a porto-toilet for all that time. Which, if true, requires an astonishing level of dedication to cheating.

An hour and a half in a Porta-Potty?

I'd rather be water-boarded

ETA: if she DID hide in there, people would remember her as much for for the abominable stink that infused her race kit, as well as the neon sox

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Apr 29, 16 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was your 3:07 at Chevron Houston?
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [TriMyBest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMyBest wrote:
trail wrote:
softrun wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
I don't find her motivations for cheating at all interesting.

Well...I do very much. I did a practicum at mental health institution and found psychology fascinating. Every action starts with your thoughts, your thoughts determine what, why and how you do them. Why somebody cheats, why somebody does triathlons etc etc. Not everybody cares of course, but to some of us it would be very interesting to know. But I am not holding my breath waiting for her to start talking.

I find it interesting too. I wonder how it started. Did it start in some opportunistic way, e.g. cutting a turnaround cone in some podunk local triathlon? Maybe even accidentally. And then experiencing all the positive attention that comes with winning. And then that addiction somehow turned into an premeditated, deliberative process? Or did she set out from the start as a "professional cheater?" ...

I'm fascinated by this too. I'd love to hear the entire truth from her perspective. I doubt there's a large enough market for it, but I'd gladly buy that book.

Me too. To me there might be an escalation of commitment mixed with the ego - where she did it once and then it was 'expected' that she'd do well and she 'has' to do it again and again to keep up with the image she's created.

I'd love to hear her side - and be evaluating how far away from reality she is or how much she plays the victim thing. I would never assume there would be full honesty.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [JuniperJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We'll never hear the story. The all to familiar pattern for people who cheat is very telling early on. You either Gregory Price it (<5%) or you Rossi/Miller it (95%). Once the first foot is dug nobody drops the shovel and they just keep on digging.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [JuniperJen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JuniperJen wrote:
TriMyBest wrote:
trail wrote:
softrun wrote:
Rappstar wrote:
I don't find her motivations for cheating at all interesting.

Well...I do very much. I did a practicum at mental health institution and found psychology fascinating. Every action starts with your thoughts, your thoughts determine what, why and how you do them. Why somebody cheats, why somebody does triathlons etc etc. Not everybody cares of course, but to some of us it would be very interesting to know. But I am not holding my breath waiting for her to start talking.

I find it interesting too. I wonder how it started. Did it start in some opportunistic way, e.g. cutting a turnaround cone in some podunk local triathlon? Maybe even accidentally. And then experiencing all the positive attention that comes with winning. And then that addiction somehow turned into an premeditated, deliberative process? Or did she set out from the start as a "professional cheater?" ...

I'm fascinated by this too. I'd love to hear the entire truth from her perspective. I doubt there's a large enough market for it, but I'd gladly buy that book.

Me too. To me there might be an escalation of commitment mixed with the ego - where she did it once and then it was 'expected' that she'd do well and she 'has' to do it again and again to keep up with the image she's created.

I'd love to hear her side - and be evaluating how far away from reality she is or how much she plays the victim thing. I would never assume there would be full honesty.

And much of the reason it is fascinating is it keeps happening, and in much the same manner. Most of the cases we can list off follow the same pattern. And many of them are only cheating their way to mediocrity.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
BlackStumpGumby wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

I keep thinking she sat in a porto-toilet for all that time. Which, if true, requires an astonishing level of dedication to cheating.

ETA: if she DID hide in there, people would remember her as much for for the abominable stink that infused her race kit, as well as the neon sox
Maybe she fell asleep in there and didn't realize how much time had gone by.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [spudone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spudone wrote:
RandMart wrote:
BlackStumpGumby wrote:
The GMAN wrote:

Maybe she fell asleep in there and didn't realize how much time had gone by.

Or, she dropped her book*

*if you listen to the Free Beer and Hot Wings Morning show, you might know what I mean

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JM = Finman

Heard he went transgender after getting busted on ST many years ago.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
We'll never hear the story. The all to familiar pattern for people who cheat is very telling early on. You either Gregory Price it (<5%) or you Rossi/Miller it (95%). Once the first foot is dug nobody drops the shovel and they just keep on digging.

I can almost guarantee that wherever she is, right now she feels that she is the victim in all of this and she`ll never come clean.

But I also thought that Trump had no chance, so what do I know.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's only playing the victim card for others. She knows deep down what she did was wrong, but people will do incredible things to protect their family/reputation/actions, even if it means piling on more lies and deceit. Nobody stops once they've decided to pick up the shovel.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
She's only playing the victim card for others. She knows deep down what she did was wrong, but people will do incredible things to protect their family/reputation/actions, even if it means piling on more lies and deceit. Nobody stops once they've decided to pick up the shovel.
Nah, most people are much better at fooling themselves than fooling others.
Some people will blame themselves for things they can't control and others will blame everyone else for what are most definitely their own choices and actions. We're all capable of believing some utter nonsense if it suits our world view and we can manage to ignore the inconsistencies.
Quote Reply
Re: FinisherPix puts nail in Julie Miller's coffin [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
3Aims wrote:

Nah, most people are much better at fooling themselves than fooling others.
Some people will blame themselves for things they can't control and others will blame everyone else for what are most definitely their own choices and actions. We're all capable of believing some utter nonsense if it suits our world view and we can manage to ignore the inconsistencies.

This.

People can engage in all sorts of cognitive distortions that allow themselves to wrap their mind around anything. I know it has already been said, but I would love to sit down and talk to her to get her side of everything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next