Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Who is Lena Dunham anyways?
Quote | Reply
I guess she is on some HBO series, but she seems more famous for opening her yap about republicans. Would she be missed if she left the US and never returned?

Also, this moving to Canada crap always comes up pretty much every election. Yes, I thought about it myself when Bush won his second term then I actually did travel around the world and realized despite all our flaws, the rest of the world is more fucked up. But I digress, why does this always come up, like liberals are programmed to say this, then never actually do it. Look at the people listed, would anybody miss them if they want to Canada? Australian Outback, an Abyss deep in the sea?

http://www.politico.com/...-rosie-leaves-222437

It makes voting for Trump more appealing.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your world view is so narrow, being you is probably akin to having a 10 foot long straw permanently attached to one's eyes to look through. And like everyone else in that position, the only person unaware of it is you yourself.

Why are you posting these? What's the purpose?

FYI I have you blocked, you and like three other people, but I can still see new topics posted on the main forum page and it pisses me off that I need to glance over to see who posted what to decide whether or not it is safe to click them. I can feel my IQ slipping every time I read anything from 3 or 4 people here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's an actress who created a pretty successful show on HBO. She's famous. Not for tweeting about Republicans, but for what she does in the entertainment world. I don't care much for the show, but it's not like she's just some nobody trying to get famous on twitter.

She wouldn't be missed if she went to Canada, because she'd just do the same stuff, reaching the same audience, but live in Canada. It's not as if going to Canada is like being sent off in exile.

If stuff like this makes you want to vote for Trump, you should probably not be allowed to participate in the process.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And to answer your question: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lena+Dunham
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seriously, if you blocked me, don't unblock me. Since this function was added, I have found this place a lot more enjoyable and I haven't blocked anybody.

I also just think they US is the best country to live in despite all our flaws. I like visiting other places, but I could never live there. Nor do I think many such countries could exist they way they do without the protection the US provides. If you don't agree or appreciate that, refer to my first paragraph.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She's also admitted to stuffing pebbles into her baby sisters vagina, and she's written about maybe/maybe not being sexually assaulted at college, and which led to her being sued by the person who could be identified by her description, so there's that as well.

She's quite the feminist icon donchaknow.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
She's an actress who created a pretty successful show on HBO. She's famous. Not for tweeting about Republicans, but for what she does in the entertainment world. I don't care much for the show, but it's not like she's just some nobody trying to get famous on twitter.

She wouldn't be missed if she went to Canada, because she'd just do the same stuff, reaching the same audience, but live in Canada. It's not as if going to Canada is like being sent off in exile.

If stuff like this makes you want to vote for Trump, you should probably not be allowed to participate in the process

It was a joke Spock.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are semi famous on here,
She's slightly famous in the real world.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you think her opinion is more valid? Maybe because she shares your point of view?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

If stuff like this makes you want to vote for Trump, you should probably not be allowed to participate in the process.

Same goes for people who make idle "threats" about leaving the country if their candidate doesn't win.

"Oh no! Lena Dunham might move to Canada if we don't all vote the way she wants! Don't go, Lena! Please don't go!"

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was trolled for the clickbait on Facebook with her crap... perused her feed. She was posting shit about herbal tea balancing her female body. Dumb as organic, fair trade bricks.

Also, who's to say that Canada will let her in? I certainly don't want her as a neighbor.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never seen the show girls. But she seems to by a dykish, ugly broad who seems to think everybody cares what she thinks. I haven't seen her in the news for anything except opening her mouth with anti-republican or anti-conservative drivel. Granted I don't follow celebrity news unless it crosses political sources. But I see her on a VH1 celebreality show in the not too distant future.

Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [phog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phog wrote:

Hey, these guys are also famous in the real world.

I don't care what they think either, nor would I want to be anything like them. But I guess you think their opinions matter more to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She also wrote a book in which she made a rape claim that has been fairly heavily scrutinized: http://www.powerlineblog.com/...cated-rape-claim.php and http://www.dailymail.co.uk/...w-report-claims.html

Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
slowguy wrote:

If stuff like this makes you want to vote for Trump, you should probably not be allowed to participate in the process

It was a joke Spock.

I was referring to the general collective "you," as in the American electorate.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

Also, this moving to Canada crap always comes up pretty much every election. Yes, I thought about it myself when Bush won his second term then I actually did travel around the world and realized despite all our flaws, the rest of the world is more fucked up. But I digress, why does this always come up, like liberals are programmed to say this, then never actually do it. Look at the people listed, would anybody miss them if they want to Canada? Australian Outback, an Abyss deep in the sea?

Given that you did exactly what you're complaining about "programmed liberals" doing, why don't you tell us what's behind it?

Maybe that Dunham woman can use O'Reilly's unused plane tickets. Or possibly Ted Nugent's (wait, did that blowhard threaten to leave the US, or was it to do something to land him in prison? I forget).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
She is responsible for driving Ben Solo crazy and turning him to the dark side.

Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
TheForge wrote:

Given that you did exactly what you're complaining about "programmed liberals" doing, why don't you tell us what's behind it?

Maybe that Dunham woman can use O'Reilly's unused plane tickets. Or possibly Ted Nugent's (wait, did that blowhard threaten to leave the US, or was it to do something to land him in prison? I forget).

I'll tell you why. Because I was a 26 year old idiot who didn't know shit yet. Like most Democratic Party voters.

Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
I was trolled for the clickbait on Facebook with her crap... perused her feed. She was posting shit about herbal tea balancing her female body. Dumb as organic, fair trade bricks.

Also, who's to say that Canada will let her in? I certainly don't want her as a neighbor.

That's what I always think when I hear about Americans wanting to move to Canada due to who may win an election. What makes them think we want those particular people here? Fuck off, and fix your own country instead of coming to ours.

As for the OP, if not for your bizarre hard on for firearms, you could probably be quite happy in several other countries. I love Canada, but, I think I would love Australia just as much if not more. There are a lot of incredible places to live in the world.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BCtriguy1 wrote:
owen. wrote:

That's what I always think when I hear about Americans wanting to move to Canada due to who may win an election. What makes them think we want those particular people here? Fuck off, and fix your own country instead of coming to ours.

As for the OP, if not for your bizarre hard on for firearms, you could probably be quite happy in several other countries. I love Canada, but, I think I would love Australia just as much if not more. There are a lot of incredible places to live in the world.

If not for every single animal out to kill you and insane real estate prices anywhere worth living ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought he was a poitical analyst.

Never knew he acted too.

"I really wish you would post more often. You always have some good stuff to say. I copied it below just in case someone missed it." BarryP to Chainpin on 10/21/06

Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

Same goes for people who make idle "threats" about leaving the country if their candidate doesn't win.

"Oh no! Lena Dunham might move to Canada if we don't all vote the way she wants! Don't go, Lena! Please don't go!"

We won't vote for Trump, Lena. We promise! Please, please, please stay with us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
phog wrote:

Hey, these guys are also famous in the real world.

I don't care what they think either, nor would I want to be anything like them. But I guess you think their opinions matter more to.

They weren't on the Real World, they were on Jersey Shore.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Who is Lena Dunham anyways? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Badam psss

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm start to judge success by not recognizing people in the magazines at the grocery store checkout line. I'm doing pretty well because this person sounds like she would be on the cover of one of them and I have no idea who she is. Now, if Julia Roberts would stop having babies at 48 I would recognize anyone.
Quote Reply