Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [Bypasskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get up, when you wake up.

If that happens to be 3:30 or 4:0, or 4:30 (or 5:00am), it's time to get up.
Do that and you will have no problems. Of course you do have to learn to wake up.
Get woken up from a deep sleep and you will never get over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
21 days to get used to it/make it a habit? I got up at 4:30am for work for 5 years, and I never got used to it, always sucked. And I went to bed by 9pm most days.
Quote Reply
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Erin C. wrote:
Bypasskid wrote:
I am not sure I agree. As long as totals add up people can change. I used to sleep till 10-11 in my 20s. But also went to bed late. Now bed early and up early. Took a while but switched. Any change is hard

For me it's a constant battle. The change doesn't stick. A couple nights up until 10:30, pretty soon it's 11:00, 11:30, and so on. It's something I have to be mindful of just about every night.

I think there is one category of people for whom the 23.5 hour day would be perfect....they keep going to bed earlier and earlier and waking up earlier given the option (this applies to my wife and son)...on the other hand, another category of people would work perfectly on the 24.5 hour day going to bed 30 min later every day and waking up 30 min later if given that choice....I would fall into this category. I can also stay at work later and later and later every day, and also arrive later and later and later given the choice.

Biologically, in pitch darkness the circadian rhythm is a bit longer than 24Hrs... Makes sense.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a ms. billabong? that sounds made up if you ask me.
Quote Reply
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [ivanthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been 4am for a few years and just recently went to 3:30 during the week to have a little more time in the morning. Alarm is set for 5 on the weekends but it doesn't always happen. I usually up by 6 even on days I try to sleep in. It sucked for a while, but now I enjoy being up before anyone else.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I need to go to bed now instead of surfing Slowtwitch, My alarm is for 3 AM, tomorrow is a lazy sleep-in until 4 AM.

HTFU

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been getting up at 4:30am for a few years now; 7 days a week. Train from 5-6:30am weekdays and longer on weekends.

Weekdays, after the training, help make breakfast and lunches for the kids and get them off to school, then go for a 60-90 minute surf session (or pool if the waves suck), then in my office by 10am.

In bed by 9pm.

Love getting up early...nice and quiet, no distractions. I haven't ever used an alarm except on race days just as a backup, but have never needed it.

I am not a solid sleeper though and wake to pee at least once every night and always toss and turn from about 3:45am onward. I do get tired in the afternoons sometimes which sucks.

I'm thinking a lot of you that sleep in or sleep 8 or more hours/night don't have young kids.

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Last edited by: TriBodyboarder: Apr 29, 16 5:26
Quote Reply
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
Been getting up at 4:30am for a few years now; 7 days a week. Train from 5-6:30am weekdays and longer on weekends.

Weekdays, after the training, help make breakfast and lunches for the kids and get them off to school, then go for a 60-90 minute surf session (or pool if the waves suck), then in my office by 10am.

In bed by 9pm.

Love getting up early...nice and quiet, no distractions. I haven't ever used an alarm except on race days just as a backup, but have never needed it.

I am not a solid sleeper though and wake to pee at least once every night and always toss and turn from about 3:45am onward. I do get tired in the afternoons sometimes which sucks.

I'm thinking a lot of you that sleep in or sleep 8 or more hours/night don't have young kids.

I'm a carbon copy of the above, minus the surfing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can do early morning really well. I can do anything academic at 5 am ... but ask me to do physics or maths at 8:30 at night and it's a huge struggle to think.

People's body clocks are different.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
radaddio wrote:
3:50 AM here.

I usually only get about four to five hours of sleep a night, with some sleeping in on weekends.

On Fridays, I'll wake up at 3:50, go to work, then go to my other workplace, and then do my long brick workout. After that, I come home and stay up until 2 AM watching TV.

Sleep is like water, your need for it is independent and getting too much of it isn't all that good for you either. Think of all you might be missing out on.

I hope you are kidding. N1 study, slept 2-3 hours a night as an med device sales rep aged 10 years in 2 years, body broken down by end. Never really improved in triathlon from a 10:50 Ironman. Fast forward, slept up 12-14 hours a day, mostly in the 9-10.5 range, being growing strong and steady, still not very good, but improved to 8:20. Really the only thing, I changed was sleep. You might think you are doing ok on 4-5 but give it 18 months at the equation, 8 hour + 30 mins for each hour of exercise, and I bet you change your tune

WINNER of the not-very-backdoor-brad competition! Congrats!
Quote Reply
Re: "Waking up at 4:30am" article. really??? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
I can do early morning really well. I can do anything academic at 5 am ... but ask me to do physics or maths at 8:30 at night and it's a huge struggle to think.

People's body clocks are different.

This is me exactly. In college if I needed to cram for a test or had a big assignment due the next day I was completely unproductive trying to stay up late. But I could get up at 3am and knock stuff out!
Quote Reply

Prev Next