Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Tririg lever kit
Quote | Reply
Long shot I know. Stripped the set screws that adjust the pad width. They don have any on their site so wondering if anyone here had any extras around. Thanks!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Tririg lever kit [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you strip the threads or the head? One of my heads appears stripped and my brakes are brand new. It almost looks like the head of the bolt is stuck on the inside, to where I can't back it out. Currently looking for solutions...
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Tririg lever kit [mblocher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stripped the head. I barely adjusted those bolts since one I put my wheels on there was no need to adjust again. I emailed tririg and I was able to get the levers sent to me for like $30 or something which solved the issue. Still annoyed how easy it was to "strip" them but oh well. Hope that helps!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting. So I just wrestled with mine for an hour and figured it out. The set screw is not stripped, but somehow the threading in the lever arm is messed up. I was able to just screw the set screw all the way in so that it came out the 'back'. But trying to put it in again, it can only get to within about 1mm of flush with the arm before a lot of resistance in incurred. I can't for the life of me figure out why - it's a 90 day old bike, never wrecked, and like you I've swapped wheels maybe 5 times tops. And I'm sure the screw didn't get cross-threaded. They seem to go in and out real easy on the other brake arms.

I just emailed TriRig with photos, and it's under warranty so hopefully they'll have a positive reply.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Tririg lever kit [mblocher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wish I tried that! But I think in the time I tried to back it back out I stripped the head anyway but wish I thought about threading it all the way through first. I just went on mine and adjusted them again just to make sure they weren't stuck.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you just need the set screws I have a bunch. Lost one a while ago and couldn't get them from tririg so I ordered from McMaster Carr. PM me your address and let me know how many you need.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Tririg lever kit [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks but I have a bunch now too. Had to replace the levers before the season and bought like 10 in case I needed them. Thanks though!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply