Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Defunkit - Anyone tried it?
Quote | Reply
I just read about something called Defunkit. It's an odor remover for dry-fit clothes. I've used a few things in the past that have either not worked at all, or just left a chemical smell. Right now I use Oxo Bright and soak everything overnight. I also try to leave everything hanging outside in the sun because I've heard that sunlight can break down "smelly particles" or whatever. But everything still stinks.

I'm interested in trying this stuff but it looks expensive. Has anyone tried it?
Quote Reply
Re: Defunkit - Anyone tried it? [avogler4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just read about this and was wondering if you gave it a try?
Quote Reply
Re: Defunkit - Anyone tried it? [burgerdp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No I haven't. But if/when I do I'll re-post here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not trying to be obnoxious, but have you tried vinegar with regular liquid detergent? I usually put 1/4 cup in my "tech clothes" load (ie- bib shorts, running shorts, jerseys, tech tees, hats, etc.) on cold/cold and hang them to dry afterwards. Get a good smelling detergent and you hardly notice the vinegar, if at all. Works pretty good for towels you forgot about in the trunk of your vehicle/gym bag/other...that take a long time to dry and get that saturated musty smell locked in them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The products by HEX Performance work well, and it's not too expensive.

White vinegar works too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Tide "sport" detergent and a splash of Chlorox Ultimate Care detergent. The Chlorox stuff is cheap and doesn't damage workout clothes.
Quote Reply
Re: Defunkit - Anyone tried it? [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 on tide sport. Works great for me, even without Clorox.
Quote Reply
Re: Defunkit - Anyone tried it? [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Full disclosure, I'm a triathlete and I work for deFUNKit. And yes, I use the product on a regular basis for one very simple reason: it works.

It is a lot easier to use than some of the other home remedies, and I've found it works better than the commercial products. The technology behind was developed at the University of Oregon, so it has some solid research behind it.

A couple of notes:

1. Spring for the machine wash pack, even though it is a little more expensive than the hand wash. Having used both, the machine wash is a lot easier to use and is a better bang for the buck, because it treats an entire load of laundry.

2. The process takes a bit of time- you actually end up washing your clothes twice- so give yourself about a third more time than you normally would to do a load of laundry.

3. The pre-wash detergent used in the first step is one of the best detergents I've found for sportswear. I've revived several favorite running shirts with it.

Any questions? I'm happy to answer or clarify. The best reviews though really don't come from me, but others.
Quote Reply