Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Emilio wrote:
In short races (Sprint - Olympic) where wetsuits are not permitted: I wear the Liftfoil Speed Trisuit the entire race.

In longer races (70.3 - Ironman) where wetsuits are not permitted I wear the Riviera Tri bibs only under the Liftfoil above and then I remove the Liftfoil and don a Riviera Tri Top.

Thanks a ton for your participation here. It has been very helpful for me. I just did my first HIM last month, and I got hooked. I raced in a basic pair of shorts and De Soto sleeveless shirt. I wrecked my tri shorts, so I need to replace them.

I also got sunburned in the race, so I figure that a sleeved shirt would work better for me than sleeveless (quicker sunscreen application). Also, I figure a leeved shirt would make me faster on the bike. And a proper sleeved top could also speed me up in a non-wetsuit race. And finally, a one-piece would make me faster on the swim and bike than a two-piece.

You personal preferences above seem to lean toward a sleevess bib in the water then cover with a sleeved shirt for the bike and run. I had assumed that your sleeved Riveria one-piece would be the fastest overall for the swim and bike.

Ideally, I would like to buy one tri suit that would be great for races of all distance from sprint to HIM. At a glance, I am guessing that the Liftfoil may not be as comfortable for the longer HIM and IM events, but it is awesome for Olympics and shorter. Then, I am guessing that the Riveria one-piece lines give you good speed and comfort in general for all distances, but not the swim buoyancy speed advantage.

The Liftfoil is comfortable for all distances, it just does not have pockets which one might (or might not) need for longer races, but it does have a 7mm Ceramico Pad that floats. But,actually if you are looking for best all around , the Sleeved Riviera really is it. Remember that no swim skin can offer additional flotation, but since the Sleeved Riviera is made of Liftfoil around the midsection it does offer "dynamic lift" (same principle as to why you can stand on waterskis when you are moving).

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am close to pulling the trigger to order a De Soto Riveria Sleeved trisuit. My last question is around sizing. I am a stocky guy, on the bubble between medium and large. In my younger racing days, I wore a medium in most cycling clothing. The few things I bought this year have been large (I have a large De Soto sleeveless tri shirt and a large Pearl Izumi trishort that I destroyed).

I am 5'-9.5" tall, 35" waist, 40" chest, and 185 lbs. That puts me in the medium range for some dimensions and large for some. I am dropping weight, and I will probably end up around 175. So, should I get the large or size down to a medium? A few posts I have read recommend sizing down for other brands, but I have not found anything about De Soto.
Quote Reply
Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am 5'10" 170-175. 43 chest, 32 waist. I wear medium. If you plan on getting to 175 get the medium. Also remember that in triathlon:

• Chafing and rashing is typically caused by garments that are worn too loose as the fabric will rub against the skin.
  • Garments that are worn snug will stay against the skin and not rub.
  • You want our product to be snug and it is better to be too snug than too loose.
  • The tightest our products ever feel is the first time you put them on.
  • They do loosen up a bit with a number of wearings and washings, and they never shrink.
  • You are welcome to order more than one size, try them on, keep what fits, and return what does not.

• Emilio De Soto II
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Thanks a ton; that is extremely helpful. I just ordered both an M and L, and I will hope that the M fits. I think that my waist and gut are my only likely problem with the M. But, I should have that problem solved by the fall for my next HIM.
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Emilio, I'm curious as to why you discontinued (or just not available on you website) the Forza Tri Bibs. I just picked up a pair of the Riviera Tri bibs but I prefer the material and the longer inseam length on the Forza's. Thanks
    Quote Reply
    Quote | Reply
    Emilio wrote:
    Hi, Emilio De Soto here. I invented a the Riviera Tribib, because I personally prefer racing in them, made a set for myself, loved them and figured I would share the comfort with the world. You simply wear them like trishorts, put any of our tops over the tribib, then put your wetsuit over both. If you want comfort, some protection, cooling and to still be able to stop in a long race for a quick piss, go with this combo.

will you be coming out with any new colors or designs on this thing anytime soon? Want to try this combo out but just can make myself buy this, not a fan of the busy pattern! Don't mean to criticize, I have a few Desoto products and am happy with the quality on all of them.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Maybe an ALL BLACK top and bottom??? :-)
    Quote Reply
    Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [pinoyako] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    pinoyako wrote:
    Maybe an ALL BLACK top and bottom??? :-)
    dont like all black. It bugs me not to have matching stuff, I don't mind a little splash of color here and there, I ordered a tri suit for a race coming up and would have given the Desoto Riviera a try but the pattern just didn't do it for me.
    Quote Reply
    Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [ARtridad74] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    I have been wearing the Wattie Ink Tri Shorts with their aero Short sleeve combo for a whileile and love it, some of the best made and most bad ass kits around

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
    Quote Reply
    Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [Herbie Hancock] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    Hey Herbie,

We discontinued them and sold out of them almost 2 years ago. They were just not moving that well for us. That said, the Riviera Tribib will be 1.5 inches longer in inseam this fall. Tell me what size you are and I will look to see if we have any of those old models left at the shop.

Emilio De Soto II
    Quote Reply
    Re: Two piece short sleeved tri suit [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
    Quote | Reply
    We have it in a grey tile as well as white.

Emilio De Soto II
    Quote Reply

Prev Next