Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [SRQ_3sport] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So true.
Quote Reply
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to go back to that day in my own life, when I first chose the easier, less obtrusive path. The path that led to a life dominated by shyness, silence and mediocrity. The path that never allowed me to become the person that I'm just now beginning to realize that I'm capable of being. I'd like a "do-over" of that day.......

Either that or Game 5 of the 1969 World Series...I'm undecided.....

Dan DeMaio
---------------------------------------------------------
Life is like riding a bicycle.
To keep your balance you must keep moving.
- Albert Einstein
Quote Reply
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [jtaylor1024] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Witness:

Last Supper / Resurrection

Santos-Dumont and his balloons.

Jimi at Woodstock

Change:

Don't take the apple dumbass.

No, it's the Bahamas, senor.

Iceberg, idiot.

Bench Bill Buckner and / or Mitch Williams.
Last edited by: randymar: Oct 28, 05 6:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-) stand in the roman colliseum
-) see the great ancient civilizations in their glory days (Egypt, South America, Greece, Angkor, etc).
-) See the Dinosaurs in their natural habitat
-) see the freshly painted sistine chapel
-) swim the rivers/lakes of the world before they became polluted
Quote Reply
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [Sojourner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what i'm finding to be bizarre about this thread is how many of you sick muthafuckers want to go back and kill people or watch people get killed.

you must be fairly young (less than 30 ?) . give it a few years and you will realize that the world is not a pretty place at all and that many human beings are on the sick side. i mean, take a look at the most popular video games that sell. games about bloodily killing and dismembering people with guns and swords.

anyway, wanna see a first-class movie about human beings and the sick modern-day and very profitable slave trade? it is not for entertainment, i assure you. but very, very educational.

"Lilya4ever"

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [randymar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i thought about Hendrix at woodstock, but am convinced i would have OD'ed had I been there.

Also, I would have like to be there when Jerry Garcia was about to do his first experience of heroin, and stop him.

another time would be to go back when the ivory bill woodpeckers flurished right here in southern ohio. i would love to see one of those birds and I dream about them all the time. this region used to have giant hardwoods and some wetlands--we had bears, ivory bills, all kinds of magnificent wildlife. it would be awesome to go back to see it uninterrupted.
Last edited by: kittycat: Oct 28, 05 8:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Incarnation, and/or the Resurrection.

The most that any religious prophet had said was that he was the true servant of such a being. The most that any visionary had ever said was that men might catch glimpses of the glory of that spiritual being; much more often of lesser spiritual beings. The most that any primitive myth had ever suggested was that the Creator was present at the Creation. But that the Creator was present at scenes a little subsequent to the supper-parties of Horace, and talked with tax collectors and government officials in the detailed daily life of the Roman Empire, and that this fact continued to be firmly asserted by the whole of that great civilization for more than a thousand years--that is something utterly unlike anything else in nature. It is the one great startling statement that man has made since he spoke his first articulate word. ...It makes nothing but dust and nonsense of comparative religion.-- GK Chesterton

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would go back and give Adam a condom.
Imagine the bliss the planet would be without humans.

no pollution, no raping of the land, no raping of the sea...it would be heaven.

well have a good weekend...i gotta fill up the suv with peak oil and shave my legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1980 - NYC, MSG the night that Bob Marley & the Wailers opened for the Rolling Stones. Classic.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to go back to the morning before I broke my neck and take a different road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The day I decied to leave the Air Force. I would slap the shit out of myself.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Casey are you inferring racial profiling;)
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been pulled aside for the extended search 4 or 5 times in the last couple of years, and I'm about as WASPy as they come.

On a layover in Mexico, my wif and I sat there guessing when the "red light" would come on (suppossedly random) and bags would be searched. It's scary how often you can predict who is and who isn't going to be searched.

Tall guy, dark trenchcoat, long hair, black cowboy style hat, boots, etc ... straight outtae 'Desperado'. Wife and I looked at each other and laughed. Red light came on.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Quote Reply
Re: OT: If you could go back in time, anywhere on earth… Where would you go, what you would like to have seen first hand? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hang with the WWII aircraft designers ,guys that built the P51 ,they would just free hand draw arcing lines on a sheet of aluminum skin , here cut it like that. No C-N-C , just think on your feet design.

Hang out at the skunk works , help /watch them build the most amazing aircraft in history.

Maybe watch the krauts design and build the 262.
Last edited by: Helitech: Oct 31, 05 18:02
Quote Reply

Prev Next