Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Fastest clincher tire? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought i/we/ had found some info that its pretty aero, but can't remember source. Just have to make sure its not ballooning out over the rim. I put a 25mm on a zipp 404 and it def balloons out, rear zipp disc looked good with the 25mm, I also think (sure someone will correct me if i am wrong) the 25mm TT actually ends up measuring at 26-27mm.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest clincher tire? [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Regardless of how much tires are discussed, I never have any idea what to run... There are too many factors individual to each bike and wheel. What is a safe bet?

I am thinking of just doing Conti 4000SII. Is that the safe choice for most set ups or should I go TT?

What about doing 23 on the front and 25 on the back?

Quote Reply
Re: Fastest clincher tire? [TennesseeJed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TennesseeJed wrote:

Regardless of how much tires are discussed, I never have any idea what to run... There are too many factors individual to each bike and wheel. What is a safe bet?

I am thinking of just doing Conti 4000SII. Is that the safe choice for most set ups or should I go TT?

LOL, i would not look at the bike as being a factor yet as i don't think anyone has any thing to back up bike interactions with tires. Size totally depends on what your specific wheel will support. Last year i ran Zipp Disc with 25mmTT and Zipp 808 with 23mm SS. Running a ENVE 7.8 on front this year and will prob still use the 23mm SS. But then again i need to save every freaking second so those fast runners can run me down.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
TennesseeJed wrote:

LOL, i would not look at the bike as being a factor yet as i don't think anyone has any thing to back up bike interactions with tires. Size totally depends on what your specific wheel will support. Last year i ran Zipp Disc with 25mmTT and Zipp 808 with 23mm SS. Running a ENVE 7.8 on front this year and will prob still use the 23mm SS. But then again i need to save every freaking second so those fast runners can run me down.

Enve 7.8 says optimized for 25mm tires (possible that's only for the disc version).

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest clincher tire? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:
TennesseeJed wrote:

Enve 7.8 says optimized for 25mm tires (possible that's only for the disc version).

Agreed but just because a tire says its a "25mm" does not mean it actually measures 25mm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

Agreed but just because a tire says its a "25mm" does not mean it actually measures 25mm

Totally totally agree. But this from the Enve SES disc page (branded width):

"...SES Disc wheels are wider and optimized for tires with branded widths of 25mm."

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Fastest clincher tire? [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

Totally totally agree. But this from the Enve SES disc page (branded width):

"...SES Disc wheels are wider and optimized for tires with branded widths of 25mm."

I think someone posted last yrs 25mm TT was measuring 27mm and the 23mmTT was measuring like 25mm. I have not measured my own.

Since i got on the SS band wagon its been hard to get off, maybe I will run a 23-25mm TT on the ENVE this year at Texas still undecided.

Quote Reply

Prev Next