Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
If my son continually displays behavior that is wrong and that he knows is wrong, I'm not handling my business.

Uh huh. You must be the first perfect parent ever, who handled his business and then his kid never did something wrong again. Congrats.

Oh please, I never said I was perfect and I never said my kid was either. But if my son is a continuous cheat or bully or liar, I need to do more than just throw up my hands and say "Hey, I'm handling this situation correctly." Obviously not, and so is the case with K prior to last night, hence the reason the grown man who he coaches keeps intentionally endangering the health of his opponents on the court. Stop making excuses for these jerks.

I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out that handling something the right way doesn't always fix the problem. Allen has tripped people 3 times in the past 9 months. Not exactly "all the time." Whatever Coach K has done didn't prevent this incident. Doesn't mean he didn't handle it the right way. It might mean he handled it wrong, but it also might mean he handled it correctly and the kid did it again anyway. Since you have kids, you know that that happens.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
If my son continually displays behavior that is wrong and that he knows is wrong, I'm not handling my business.

Uh huh. You must be the first perfect parent ever, who handled his business and then his kid never did something wrong again. Congrats.

Oh please, I never said I was perfect and I never said my kid was either. But if my son is a continuous cheat or bully or liar, I need to do more than just throw up my hands and say "Hey, I'm handling this situation correctly." Obviously not, and so is the case with K prior to last night, hence the reason the grown man who he coaches keeps intentionally endangering the health of his opponents on the court. Stop making excuses for these jerks.

Allen has tripped people 3 times in the past 9 months. Not exactly "all the time."

Only 1 trip per 3 month period (mind you there was a 6 month window of no basketball games), yeah that's not too bad. You're right. Carry on.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Allen has tripped people 3 times in the past 9 months. Not exactly "all the time."

Only 1 trip per 3 month period (mind you there was a 6 month window of no basketball games), yeah that's not too bad. You're right. Carry on.

Well, that's not what I said, but I can see you hate Duke so much you're fine with talking out of your ass to reinforce it. Carry on.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Well, that's not what I said, but I can see you hate Duke so much you're fine with talking out of your ass to reinforce it. Carry on.

Finally we agree on something.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

I'm not making excuses. I'm pointing out that handling something the right way doesn't always fix the problem. Allen has tripped people 3 times in the past 9 months. Not exactly "all the time." Whatever Coach K has done didn't prevent this incident. Doesn't mean he didn't handle it the right way. It might mean he handled it wrong, but it also might mean he handled it correctly and the kid did it again anyway. Since you have kids, you know that that happens.

Do you really think doing nothing was the right thing to do in this case, because that is what K did. If he would have suspended him last season we most likely wouldn't be talking about this now, and if we are talking about it K could have said I at least tried something. But K didn't do anything and endangered other players because he only cares about winning and suspending or punishing Allen would hurt his chances, so he did nothing. K and Allen are both trash. Allen should sit the rest of the season because it is obvious that he has an issue that is getting worse, but K will sit him 3 games because they play a team they need Allen to beat in their 4th game. K should be suspended at least 5 games for his handling of this situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Do you really think doing nothing was the right thing to do in this case, because that is what K did. If he would have suspended him last season we most likely wouldn't be talking about this now, and if we are talking about it K could have said I at least tried something. But K didn't do anything and endangered other players because he only cares about winning and suspending or punishing Allen would hurt his chances, so he did nothing. K and Allen are both trash. Allen should sit the rest of the season because it is obvious that he has an issue that is getting worse, but K will sit him 3 games because they play a team they need Allen to beat in their 4th game. K should be suspended at least 5 games for his handling of this situation.

Well let's settle down a little. Allen's tripping wasn't particularly dangerous for any of the players. Dirty, sure. Douchey? Sure. Dangerous? I guess someone could always fall down and get hurt, but this is basketball, not ballet.

Second, we don't know what Coach K did for the previous two episodes, except that he didn't suspend him.

Third, suggesting a 5 game suspension for Coach K is just silly talk. I know you guys hate Duke with a white hot passion, but come back to the real world.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
trimick wrote:
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

Well let's settle down a little. Allen's tripping wasn't particularly dangerous for any of the players. Dirty, sure. Douchey? Sure. Dangerous? I guess someone could always fall down and get hurt, but this is basketball, not ballet.

Second, we don't know what Coach K did for the previous two episodes, except that he didn't suspend him.

Third, suggesting a 5 game suspension for Coach K is just silly talk. I know you guys hate Duke with a white hot passion, but come back to the real world.

Given what a crybaby the coach is it is no wonder his players are such whiny little bit chest. Fuck those guys.

But really the deal with Allen is that it makes no sense that a guy that good does something so third grade style. It makes no sense. Not unlike why I find it so annoying when Shashevesky whines and cries during games. Dude, your teams are winning , stop acting like a baby. Sometimes Curzawoosky encroaches on Fran McAfferey land, and that is not a good place to be.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
trimick wrote:
slowguy wrote:
jepvb wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:

What is silly talk is saying that intentionally tripping someone isn't particularly dangerous. Any of these players could have easily broken a bone or gotten a concussion due to the incident. And the tripping was done on purpose, and has no business in a basketball game.

It is pretty clear based on K remarks during the two previous incidents that he did nothing and didn't see anything wrong with what Allen did. If he did do something he would have said it in the release. So basically K knowingly played a dirty player who kept intentionally tripping players and only did something about it when it blew up in his face. And Allen isn't the only Duke player that has intentionally tripped someone in the last few years, Justice Winslow also did. K should be held responsible for his actions that endangered opposing players. He won't be held responsible because he never is, but his inaction in dealing with a dirty player put opposing players in a potentially dangerous position. It is time for the NCAA to take a stand and actually protect players from dangerous players and coaches.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But really the deal with Allen is that it makes no sense that a guy that good does something so third grade style. It makes no sense.

Agreed. And the tantrum on the bench was flat out weird. That's why I said that the kid may have some emotional issues above and beyond just being spoiled because he's a white Duke basketball player.

I also think it's weird that Draymond Green consistently kicks his leg out and hits other players in the junk.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
But really the deal with Allen is that it makes no sense that a guy that good does something so third grade style. It makes no sense.

Agreed. And the tantrum on the bench was flat out weird. That's why I said that the kid may have some emotional issues above and beyond just being spoiled because he's a white Duke basketball player.

I also think it's weird that Draymond Green consistently kicks his leg out and hits other players in the junk.

To be fair, Green also flicks em in the balls from behind with his hand too.

And much like Allen, when people call him out on it he acts like HE is the aggrieved person. I bet if they got cutting a race course they would produce a doctored Garmin file.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is compilation of Allen's thuggish play. You are right K has done a great job reigning this behavior in. He has tripped 5 players not 3, undercut one and then add in all the flopping and you have the biggest POS in Duke history. There is no way that he should see the court again this year and K should get suspended for allowing him to play with zero regard for player safety. The fact that it took this long to get K to do anything about him shows what type of person K is. All this crap that ESPN runs about K being a great person is BS. He has always encouraged this type of play and he is lucky that no one was seriously injured. Laettner stomping on the UofK player's chest in the NCAA tournament, Henderson breaking Hansbrough's nose with one of the dirtiest elbow I have ever see, and now Allen tripping players and these are just the ones off the top of my head I am sure there are more. Bob Huggins teams which are some of the most physical teams in college bball don't play this dirty and if they did the media would destroy Huggins but when K's teams play like this the media is silent until the issue really blows up in their face.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [trimick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is wrong with you people, don't you know you're not allowed to criticize Saint K? He's not just the greatest coach in the history of organized sports, he's a leader of men (just ask him). Christianity teaches that only one person was born without sin, but that's a not true. I know Coach K needs to be added to that list because I watch ESPN and Dick Vitale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trimick wrote:
Here is compilation of Allen's thuggish play. You are right K has done a great job reigning this behavior in. He has tripped 5 players not 3, undercut one and then add in all the flopping and you have the biggest POS in Duke history. There is no way that he should see the court again this year and K should get suspended for allowing him to play with zero regard for player safety. The fact that it took this long to get K to do anything about him shows what type of person K is. All this crap that ESPN runs about K being a great person is BS. He has always encouraged this type of play and he is lucky that no one was seriously injured. Laettner stomping on the UofK player's chest in the NCAA tournament, Henderson breaking Hansbrough's nose with one of the dirtiest elbow I have ever see, and now Allen tripping players and these are just the ones off the top of my head I am sure there are more. Bob Huggins teams which are some of the most physical teams in college bball don't play this dirty and if they did the media would destroy Huggins but when K's teams play like this the media is silent until the issue really blows up in their face.

A-fuckin-men. Dont forget about Corey Maggette's jewelry collection. Dig deep enough and Duke is as dirty as anyone. Well, except UNC. 2 decades of phony diplomas pretty much takes the cake
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A white dude named Grayson who trips people is about the Dukiest thing one could ever imagine.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posted it before but cant be shared enough.....

http://keithlam.com/...-by-peter-rosenberg/
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
trimick wrote:

A-fuckin-men. Dont forget about Corey Maggette's jewelry collection. Dig deep enough and Duke is as dirty as anyone. Well, except UNC. 2 decades of phony diplomas pretty much takes the cake

I don't think Maggette had jewelry he just got paid by Myron Piggie. Maybe he had jewelry I can't remember. You also forgot about Duhon's mother and Boozer's father getting 100k a year job with Duke boosters that they weren't qualified for. The you have Lance Thomas who as a senior has 30k in cash and gets a 70k loan to buy jewelry. Nothing shady about that. The best is K says he is a teacher of men but Thomas refused to talk to the NCAA about the incident and K said nothing about it. K is a scumbag and I have no clue why people hold him in such high regard.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allen back after an indefinite suspension that last a whopping 1 game. Duke sucks. Coach K just lost most of the respect I had for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, that's right. Maggette got paid, admitted it, not a single one of those 37 victories he played in were vacated. Thomas was the jewelry collector.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:
Allen back after an indefinite suspension that last a whopping 1 game. Duke sucks. Coach K just lost most of the respect I had for him.

I didn't have any respect for him before this. Quote I saw was that Coach Rat said he was the one who suspended him so he should be the one who let's him back, and since Rat was going out for back surgery he lifted the suspension. Bullshit.
Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TimeIsUp wrote:

Stop questioning Coach K. He is a leader of men who just happens to be a basketball coach. He has handled this situation well in the past, as evidenced by Allen's behavior, and will continue to do so.

Quote Reply
Re: Duke: Whiny beeotches or paragons of sportsmanship? [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
P.S.S Sven Nys (cyclocrosser) often re-tweets coach K which is very odd to read from a Belgian cross racer.

You have ruined my day.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next