Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [ironmanjp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you tell us what is really going on with your "delayed shipping?" It looks like you've told the same lies to a bunch of different people. Why can't you ship stuff promptly? Are you selling stuff you don't have yet? Just come clean if you want to improve your reputation here. Otherwise you should probably just stop posting here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are nutz. First, we were suppose to ship our wheels at the same time since it was a trade.. After I shipped my 808 out on 8/1/2015, I emailed you the tracking number and asked for the tracking number on yours. Each time, you would make up an excuse.. Oh you have to find a suitable box.. Oh its raining too hard. Oh your forgot the paperwork.. Oh you forgot and le

On 8/1/15 you said:
"That's great. Thanks! I just need to find a suitable box, I'll go to the bike shop on Monday and hopefully they have something. I'll get that sent out ASAP! "

On 8/5/15 you said
"Hey... Yes it's all boxed and ready to go. It won't ship until tomorrow though today is a holiday here. We are out at our summer house and I wasn't checking emails regularly. "

By the time my wheel arrived, you still hadn't shipped the 404 to me.. It was becoming concerning. My wheel arrived on 8/6/15

On 8/6/15 you said:
"Hey. Yes my mother in law was there to accept it. I'll be home tomorrow to check it out. I'll likely just send your wheel then too, I may reuse your packaging as I think it's better than what I have. I hope that's ok. I'll send you a tracking number as soon as I send it. Hopefully it gets to you as fast as yours got to me! "

I kept emailing you to give me the tracking number since you said you were going to ship the 404 on 8/6 which you had not.. ON 8/8/15 you said:
"Hey.... Yes the zip 808 arrived and appears to be fine, no issues. I transferred your 404 to your box which is much better than the box I had. On the way to the courier I realized I still had the cassette in so I had to go back home to remove it. If the courier is open tomorrow it'll ship tomorrow otherwise it'll be Monday. Sorry for the delay. Here's a pic. Is that the correct address? "

Then you claim to have shipped it but you couldn't locate the tracking number because you forgot it on your jeep..You sent this email to me on 8/10/15:
"Hey... Yes I did ship it. It'll come via UPS and expected delivery is August 19th. I think the paperwork is out in my jeep. I'll check and send it to you in a bit, although it may be tomorrow morning since it's pouring out and the truck is at the end of the driveway. "

I was very suspicious because I did a search for UPS and found no UPS stores by your home. I also got no tracking number from you the following morning as you promised. I was getting very concerned by this point.

Finally after waiting, the wheel arrived on 8/20/15... while my wheel arrived to you at 8/6... You can see my cause for alarm when we both agreed to trade wheels and ship it out together. After reciving my wheel on 8/6, you didn't ship your 404 until 8/11 all the while making all kinds of strange excuses for not shipping and each response ended with "I'll ship it asap, tomorrow"

While my experience wasn't as bad as others that had to wait 3+ months to get their stuff, I would still never deal with you again.

ironmanjp wrote:
I read your comments and thought I'd reach out to you via PM to say that first, if you are going to post your negative experience with me at least get your facts right, we never traded a wheelset - we traded a rear wheel. Also when we did that I received your 808, took it out of the box, put my 404 in it and sent it back to you the next day. If you need me to jog your memory even further I offered to send you the correspondence clearly indicating my email to you letting you know that I received your wheel then my email a day later with your tracking number.

I have nothing to hide... yes there were a few less than stellar experiences in the past but no one was scammed and yeah I probably didn't do the right thing. The poor guy on the classifieds now who is getting legitimately scammed is what prompted me to reach out to those that I 'wronged' in the past. The person who posted the negative feedback thread originally did so almost a year after our transaction and after repeated cordial email conversations about bike setup, the possibility of me buying the Quarq back etc. The person who started this specific thread had a legitimate complaint against me but I did what I could do on the matter and refunded his money.

I have no problem with people having an issue with my selling reputation on here but in your case you should at least get the facts correct before chiming in.

Last edited by: 125mph: Nov 20, 17 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure where the guy lives, but they must have some cataclysmic weather patterns..

It's either flooding, raining or snowing almost everyday..

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am going to take you at your word that is was just a rear wheel so now that you've cleared that up I've concluded that you are still a douche.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ironmanjp wrote:
The person who started this specific thread had a legitimate complaint against me but I did what I could do on the matter and refunded his money.

I thought this was interesting.

You acknowledge that the person had a legit complaint but still thing you did "what you could do?"

You don't explain why you lied about shipping. You refunded his money after several delays. It would be more accurate to say "I eventually did what I had to reluctantly get forced into doing, but still don't really accept responsibility for any part of it."
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
Not sure where the guy lives, but they must have some cataclysmic weather patterns..

It's either flooding, raining or snowing almost everyday..

I think St. John's, Newfoundland. Which to be totally fair does have some of the most off the charts wacky weather. Doesn't absolve the dude tho.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He f’d me over too, I don't have many good things to say about this pos. It bought, paid for a FELT frameset off him back in 2015 and 5 weeks later he still didn’t ship anything. It was one excuse after another and then he started to become belligerent with me and wouldn’t send my money back. He claimed to have shipped the frame but wouldn’t supply a tracking number. His responses started to become borderline harassment. Until My wife and I filed a complaint with the police in his home town. They didn’t lay charges but the next time it happens, with everyone here who had bad experiences with this guy I bet they will. Criminal harassment.

I had my money back a day later.

like Ed O’Malley said, “ It IS a crime to take someone's money in exchange for something one has agreed to sell them with the intention that one may not actually deliver the item - whether or not it is because you are going to hold out for a better offer or if you just want temporary use of their money before giving a refund.“

I bit the bullet and bought the frameset new a week later.

It turns out I know another tri athlete where he lives and my friend says ironmanjp is a real piece of work. IronmanJP you have quite the reputation now and I hope are proud of yourself! BTW he is an engineer working in St John’s Newfoundland, Canada and I know where he works but I won’t post it here.
Last edited by: titemple652: Mar 24, 18 4:25
Quote Reply
Re: CAVEAT EMPTOR with ironmanjp [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Easy enough to find out on Linkedin. Anyways, I was planning to fly up there and notify his HR department at the time if I didn't get my money back. He's back at it, though, using a different user name. I recognize the background in his photos on some classifieds adds. Beware of Jason Pretty, ironmanjp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that would have been my next step as well but the police got involved and it scared him off and I got my money back.

I also noticed today he is selling stuff on Pinkbike.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the scam started at “wife’s PayPal”. If he has been selling quality goods for so long, why not his own account. I would never pay someone else’s account. He has probably had issues w PayPal and they won’t give him an account. Again this takes about 5 min to set up...... unless
Quote Reply

Prev Next