Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rear Hydration One vs Two Bottles [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Speedfil R3 come with BOTH a single and a double bottle mount. 1 screw and you can swap the nite before your race. And it was made to fit the ISM line up
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hydration One vs Two Bottles [ARtridad74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ARtridad74 wrote:
I am training for my first 140.6, and run a Torhans aero 30 up front and have a double rear hydration carrier. I'd thought about putting my 2nd bottle of infinit in the bike special needs bag. Instead of carrying it. Does anyone stop at special needs or just carry all of your nutrition?? I'm currently running approx 900 cal/ 26oz bottle on the rear, two will bottles will get me all of the nutrion that I need for the bike leg. I just can't decide if it's better to carry both and not stop or plan to stop as I expect that I'll need to go to the bathroom anyway.

This is basically what I do. BTA with normal serving to start, and 1 bottle of infinite concentrate. I refill the BTA with the concentrate and water from aid stations as I go. I have a bottle of infinite powder servings in special needs. There is usually a rest stop near special needs, so I can add water to the powder and take a porta-potty break. Some times I really concentrate the 1st bottle, so the special needs stop is just an option. I still like having it in special needs in case I launch my concentrate bottle before then.
Quote Reply
Re: Rear Hydration One vs Two Bottles [ARtridad74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ARtridad74 wrote:
I am training for my first 140.6, and run a Torhans aero 30 up front and have a double rear hydration carrier. I'd thought about putting my 2nd bottle of infinit in the bike special needs bag. Instead of carrying it. Does anyone stop at special needs or just carry all of your nutrition?? I'm currently running approx 900 cal/ 26oz bottle on the rear, two will bottles will get me all of the nutrion that I need for the bike leg. I just can't decide if it's better to carry both and not stop or plan to stop as I expect that I'll need to go to the bathroom anyway.

Last year I ran a BTA up front (water) and then a double rear, both with a concentrated mix (EFS). No special needs stop. I refilled the BTA off the course as needed. This setup worked well for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next