Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Another Zipp Recall [gbtrinride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dropped mine off at the LBS (I'm in the UK) and they rang today to say they were back.

Bang on 4 weeks.

Personally I think that's pretty good service. Fair play to Zipp

LG
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [lagazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dropped mine off 4 weeks ago and LBS said they are getting the first ones back. And before i could finish this post LBS called stating they have a wheel for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [lagazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not a fair play when they are telling people 12 days. I called today and they gave me the 12 day spiel. 4-6 weeks impacts races down the line for a lot of people, so they should be clear about that.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told 4 to 6 weeks ( as stated I'm in UK) so they were within the stated timeframe for me.

LG
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
It's not a fair play when they are telling people 12 days. I called today and they gave me the 12 day spiel. 4-6 weeks impacts races down the line for a lot of people, so they should be clear about that.

Got mine in 12 days. Just saying.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [rijndael] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the Zippp recall still going on? Yesterday after riding I saw that my front wheel hubb flange was broken. Actually I was probably riding like this for a while and had not noticed. The only thing was this noise I could not figure out where it was coming from. So I guess it was that. Can I still ride the wheel with the broken flange? I removed it, it and small ring cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spintela wrote:
Is the Zipp recall still going on?

It is.

To the best of my knowledge, it will continue indefinitely until all the problematic wheels are either fixed or retired ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [scrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny - two weeks ago I contacted ZIPP about rear hub failure (top of flange broke off - on the cassette side) and basically I was told, that the 2 year warranty passed (bought 2,5 years ago) and I should contact my local dealer for spare parts...

And the hub just, simply, broke - good that I was just about to get clipped in so no injury, but...
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [MiSzA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cuz the recall was for front hubs....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MiSzA wrote:
Funny - two weeks ago I contacted ZIPP about rear hub failure (top of flange broke off - on the cassette side) and basically I was told, that the 2 year warranty passed (bought 2,5 years ago) and I should contact my local dealer for spare parts...

And the hub just, simply, broke - good that I was just about to get clipped in so no injury, but...

Had exactly the same thing happen to me and same response - top flange broke off on the cassette side and told SOL

Last set of Zipps I ever buy that's for damn sure!!!!
Last edited by: Zulu: Aug 10, 17 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't ride that wheel... send it off and get it fixed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MiSzA wrote:

Wait until they recall the rear too. Because they will. Have it fixed. Sell it. Then buy a different brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Another Zipp Recall [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp replaced my front 404 with a new firecrest clincher and then asked me to send the rear in as well. Paid shipping both ways and I ended up with a completely new set of 404's with the silver v2 hubs. Went from old 404's with aluminum brake tracks to brand new. Great support, easy stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the same rear flange break and they told me no dice on fixing it since I am not the original owner. I even asked if I could send it in to be repaired and I would pay them to fix it, they still said no. That surprised me more than anything.
Quote Reply

Prev Next