Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? March 14 Edition
Quote | Reply
Happy Pi Day!!!

How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 14 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last week was okay. I was advised by someone on my thread in the main forum to not give details about how I am feeling post getting-hit-by-car-while-on-bike in the event it turns into a legal battle (seems unlikely as insurance has been cooperative so far). Some good news - I called the police officer midweek as the sheet he gave me made it appear that the woman who hit me did not get a ticket. He informed me that he met with her later in the day and he did issue a citation for "failure to yield to bicycle." That makes it easier w/ insurance as she is clearly at fault.

Food stuff was okay last week but not great.

I am home on spring break and currently sitting with my cat and kitten - they're curled up together - the kitten very much imprinted on the cat, super sweet. :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear you're taking it easy, TC - hope you're healing well.

Last week's goals:

swim x 3: win with 4
bike x 1: win with 3
run x 5: win with 6
core/strength x 4: win

I really, really enjoyed the warm weather last week. A lot. Feeling sun on bare skin for the first time in months never loses its magic.

I can't wait until the first time I get to run in sunlight in the evening - maybe next week, since it's supposed to be rainy for the next few days.

This week's goals:
swim x 3
bike x 1
run x 5
core/strength x 4

Quote | Reply
Happy Pi Day!

I am back to work. I survived my first week, which was last week.
So now life gets hectic again. This job is back to 5 days/wk with a long commute. Again. Sigh. Maybe somewhere down the road I'll get a short commute. I'll hope.
The company I'm with is great and I feel very good about them.

PT cleared me to try one solo outdoor run this weekend, max 4mi. With some restrictions (no hills, don't let pain get more than 3/10, etc.). I successfully ran 4mi. I've been running on a treadmill in PT.
Love my PT this time around.

I only swam once last week and biked a fair amount.
My strength training got neglected.

This week - hope to swim 2x, strength 2x, will go to PT 2x plus my daily home exercises, bike bunches as time allows.

TC - hope you recover quickly from the car pummeling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck with getting everything sorted out TC.

Congrats on the new job determination!! I have no idea how people with long commutes do it (other than the obvious "you do it because you have to").

Last week was pretty good. I'm finally out of my winter funk. Between winter/1st trimester tired/husband's surgery - I haven't had much pep in my step lately. The last few days I've been feeling like myself (ie I want to do things besides sit on the couch). It's nice to be back. :)

In the vein of being back - I only rode my bike twice last week, but my weekly dog walk with a friend didn't feel so hard this week (it isn't really hard - but the hills were extra tall for a while). And we had friends over for dinner on Saturday & I baked SO MUCH PIE yesterday. Coconut cream and lemon tarts for work and an apple pie for my husband. Mmmmm....

I'm looking forward to increased energy & motivation for life AND exercise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope all the womens are doing well, resting and taking care of themselves.

Last week was another blah week for me. I only got 5 sessions in: two swims, one bike and two runs. One swim was good, and the other was going great until I got a swim-ending foot cramp. This has happened at least two other times this season and I don't know if I'm dehydrated or what. I dragged my husband with me on one run and the other was my longest so far this cycle, and in 60-degree weather, so that was a win.

I randomly had a bunch of stuff this weekend that ate up a lot of my usual training time, including the Slowtwitch road show Saturday and a baby shower that was an hour and a half drive away from me yesterday. I wouldn't worry about losing one weekend, but there is a big neighborhood event next Sunday, and the weekend after that is Easter. So I might be limited on training for a while.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 14 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E -
I don't know how I do the long commute either. It sucks. Big time. But, I work in the world's smallest field - there are maybe 5,000 people in the entire country that do what I do, and I had no other offers for work. It's a very specialized field. The town I live in is dominated in my field by a large employer that would suck to work for and pays badly, plus they are currently not hiring. You can believe me I exhausted all my options for finding work without such a horrid long commute.
So, rather than continue to be unemployed, I took the job. Plus my husband is never going to leave his job.

Now if only Google would come up with a self-driving car that has a bike trainer and a treadmill.... I could combine my workouts and my commute! LOL
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 14 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh I totally get that it's not always an option. Audio books for the win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week was the last week of skating season, I had several really good & fast & hard skates even though I was exhausted from Provincials for days... but my plan to get 3 ez runs didn't happen, I only managed one and instead had many long brisk walks with the dog. I'm OK with that. I have time before I need to ramp up the running, 28 weeks in fact, plus the inline skating... so let it go. :-)

This week - spring break - K & L are on their "own" this week (she's 12 and he's 11) - so I'll start work early (7-3) and P will work late (9-5) so they are alone max of 6hrs. This means no running in the mornings but that's OK - again, I'm willing to let it go until the weekend - and flag football start tomorrow. So that'll be schlepping around the field for 2hrs Tues and Thurs evenings. My thumb is starting to feel better, but I have to really watch it - it's easy to "tweak" it. Dryland starts in ~6 weeks (for skating) so I will get the running frequency up between this week and then, no so much the intensity or the duration. Once dryland starts, the weeks will look like (roughly):
- M: run
- T: run (am); coach (pm)
- W: run (am); dryland (pm)
- R: ride (am & pm); coach (pm)
- F: ride (am & pm)
- St: dryland (am); inline (pm)
- Sn: LSD run

I figure if I do my inline skating on Sat afternoons and my LSD run on Sunday mornings, that will mirror the race set-up as close as I can... :-)

So this next week:
- Tues - coach
- Thurs - ride to work EASY, coach
- Fri - maybe ride... see how Thurs goes
- Sat - Run
- Sun - Run

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? March 14 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
E - totally audiobooks! I get them from the library, download directly to my phone and bluetooth them through the car stereo!
I love to read. Now ALL my reading is audio.
sometimes podcasts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I swam two days in a row and signed up for Masters for the rest of 2016. Back in PT once a week, plus my daily exercises for home.

Need to get on the bike, but that's what put me in PT again.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply