Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMTX Status in doubt? [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spasmus wrote:
In 2009 I signed up for 2010 ironman az. I did not know how to swim and did not own a bike!!
I was a runner with a stress fracture and figured I had a year to figure it all out.

This was me, minus the stress fracture.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Status in doubt? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
HuffNPuff wrote:
No doubt, Galveston's bid, plus WTC's delay in opening registration, has caught The Woodland's attention. But how long will WTC wait? We are already at two month's delay from the past race; and next week is just 9 months from the current scheduled date of 22 Apr 17. We are well past the planning horizon for many people. I wonder how many have moved on to another race.

No other US Ironman brand races are even open for 2017 registration yet, so probably not much urgency on WTC's part at the moment.

Planning doesn't require actual registration. IM Boulder won't open until after the August edition but I know a lot of people are excited about the change to June and have shifted plans. In about 10 days, Ironman Canada and Ironman Lake Placid will open. Personally, I had tentatively planned on IMTX Apr 17, long ago but have already booked a room for IM South Africa (same month, Apr 17) because I've lost confidence in The Woodlands political climate.

It may not be big numbers, but the ongoing shitshow will have a negative impact on Texas; I certainly don't think anyone wants to sign up because of it.

I would argue that there are very few people who will choose IM South Africa as their fall back race if IM TX 2017 does not take place in The Woodlands, TX.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Status in doubt? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course, but don't focus on my choice, focus on the fact that I've moved on. Others will too.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Status in doubt? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Of course, but don't focus on my choice, focus on the fact that I've moved on. Others will too.

I don't disagree, but I'm just saying it's still early. Again, you can't even register for another IM in the US for 2017 yet. Heck, I don't even think you can register for another race in North America yet (Ironman brand/140.6 miles).

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply

Prev Next