Quote | Reply
mopdahl wrote:
Slaying the Badger
Reggie
Bo
Auburn
The U

None in particular order.

One of the best things ESPN (Simmons) ever produced.

Tangent: I just flew Delta to Amsterdam and there was a 1 hour special on Bernard Hinault available to watch (free). It was in French with subtitles. Very interesting and also covers the LeMond episode.
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN 30 for 30 [atkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
atkid wrote:
I recently have watched a couple ESPN 30 for 30 films including 9.79* about Ben Johnson, and another one about Ben Wilson (who I had previously never heard of). Both were very well done and I wondered if there are other ESPN 30 for 30 recommendations out there.

Cheers,
@Kid

The Prince of Pennsylvania was also a very good episode. I've never given Olympic wrestling much of a thought, but story line and the way the participants of the documentary describe John Du Pont's descent into madness was really fascinating.

''The enemy isn't conservatism. The enemy isn't liberalism. The enemy is bulls**t.''

—Lars-Erik Nelson
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN 30 for 30 [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one on Hillsborough is amazing.

This one was on again last night where the 96 finally got their justice yesterday. The video footage from the tragedy that day was scary, cannot imagine what that must have been like to be trapped in that crowd.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: ESPN 30 for 30 [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brian in MA wrote:
The one on Hillsborough is amazing.

This one was on again last night where the 96 finally got their justice yesterday. The video footage from the tragedy that day was scary, cannot imagine what that must have been like to be trapped in that crowd.

Yes. I hope they play it again. I was busy at 8 so I set the DVR unfortunately the original E60 was set for 60 minutes, I missed about 15 or so minutes.

Someone commented of ESPNFC page that this season everyone is a Leicester fan (not me COYS) but today everyone is a Liverpool fan.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: ESPN 30 for 30 [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watched the Hillsborough 30 for 30 back in March. I actually found it very distressing and couldn't make it through the entire show. Words cannot express how sad and tragic this must have been for everyone involved.

My closest out-of-control crowd experience was at an Alice Cooper concert in Toronto in August 1980. After the opening act and a lengthy delay, a band member came onstage to announce that Alice couldn't perform that night and was being sent to hospital. The crowd went nuts, started to damage the set, threw bottles and folding chairs at the stage. I found out later that 30 arrests were made, 18 people were hospitalized but amazing that no one was killed. My friends and I were in the stadium seats far away from the mayhem but with a good view of everything going on.

I just found this description and videos of the famous Alice Cooper riot:
http://www.blogto.com/...riot_rocked_the_cne/
Apparently Alice had a case of bronchial asthma and it was one of only 2 shows he has cancelled in his entire career.
Last edited by: atkid: Apr 28, 16 13:49
Quote Reply
Re: ESPN 30 for 30 [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Sully wrote:
I really enjoyed the Bo Jackson episode.

This^^

The Bo episode is fantastic.

Third this - it was a great one and isn't depressing since he's taken care of himself is seems content with where he is.
Quote Reply

Prev Next