Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday?
Quote | Reply
Figured I'd see if anyone wants to meet up for 4.5 hours at moderate tempo on this mostly flat (e.g. zero coasting) route. If anyone wants to join we can meet at corner of Happy Valley and Pima at 9:30.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jan 13, 16 20:44
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know how to tempt a dude to drive up to PHX. As much as I'd love to join you I've got to pass this weekend.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Scottsdale, but it's January and I don't do hard rides in January. That's a good route for it though.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be doing another one next weekend but not sure if it's Saturday or Sunday (in-laws visiting).
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Base miles, I'm just not a believer in LSD (drugs or training). Power range of 225-325 watts--not easy but no intensity.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jan 13, 16 14:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could have been interested until I read only 325 watts. That's like zone 0.5 for some of us. :)

24 Hour World TT Champs-American record holder
Fat Bike Worlds - Race Director
Insta: chris.s.apex
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [cmscat50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about only on the flats where it's easy to sit on? That's the top limit, figure more like a total of 50 minutes around 280 and 10(ish) bumping 325.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The last time I was there with a Lifetime group we had a blast chasing (being dragged by) Lewis Elliott. Is he still local?
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Lewis is still a local legend. And a great guy!

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are on a road bike, you should jump on the BOS train for at least some of it.

Looking for a place to swim? check out http://swimradar.com
Mountain Bike and Adventure Guiding - http://fivestaradventure.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why don't you believe in LSD training ? Hard efforts below threshold are not effective according to these studies but I could be confused by what you mean by How do you define "not easy but no intensity"
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/8897392/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/...articles/PMC3912323/
Last edited by: eggplantOG: Jan 13, 16 23:03
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [shannond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've thought about that but want to be able to control pace for now. I suspect parts would be too easy and others potentially too hard. I want to keep a good steady burn.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jan 14, 16 7:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Base miles, I'm just not a believer in LSD (drugs or training). Power range of 225-325 watts--not easy but no intensity.

Note to self....never ride with CS....and for damn sure don;t go with him on his "intensity" days.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aw please, you'd have no problem on this ride. It's my base staple, and fav training ride. 1st hour, no prob. 2nd puts some heat on legs. 3rd gets a little grippy and 4th, well, that's the money maker. It's not like high intensity intervals where your eyes cross, just a grinder that puts a little hair on chest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As long as I didn't need to pull.....Wink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Note to self....never ride with CS....and for damn sure don;t go with him on his "intensity" days.

Haha having ridden with him a few times, it's not so bad sitting on his wheel on the flats. I mean it's not so good either.

Now climbing, well I think he put 5-6 miles on me going up Lemmon

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
does CS ride with tattered kit, steel bike, and old school Ray Bans?

desert dude wrote:
Quote:

Haha having ridden with him a few times, it's not so bad sitting on his wheel on the flats. I mean it's not so good either.

Now climbing, well I think he put 5-6 miles on me going up Lemmon

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [eggplantOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a few threads out there about base approach, this is one: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=4394586#4394586
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I advocate tubeless wheels with fattest tires possible (why lose weight when you can get bigger tires?) and disk brakes; ST heresy. Though I like the Ray Ban idea.

Btw, DD is being dramatic--he was sick that day but still gutted out ride
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jan 14, 16 9:19
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha, maybe it was CS in disguise!

That also was a painful day

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Anyone in N. Scottsdale want to do a hard ride Saturday? [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bit late to this thread.... like over a year, but going to be in Scottsdale for a week. any must do loops while I am in town ? probably can escape for 3hrs max. any info appreciated. staying at camelback resort.
Quote Reply