Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree about the Bambino. When I saw a teammate wearing one, I asked what helmet that was because I thought it looked really cool. Then I saw the price & nearly fell out of my chair. This helmet has an even better cool factor to me, and after seeing the Bambino price, $550 does not shock me at all.

I'm willing to pay for speed up to a point. $550 for a helmet is not that point.
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally released: http://velonews.competitor.com/...ead-tt-helmet_406425

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chaparral wrote:
scott8888 wrote:
Rudy Project has put a $400 price tag on a helmet which has supposedly seen the wind tunnel but which they provide no info to back it up (http://www.e-rudy.com/...ts/detail/HL600011US). As with everything Rudy I expect to see the helmets selling for 40-50% off the marked price but it shows Giro isn't alone in marketing a helmet via sky-high prices.

Not saying I would buy the helmet but I also wouldn't say their is no market for helmets at this price.

I blame all those people buying Kask Bambinos. I was in the market for a new helmet and have generally bought Giro helmets, so I was very interested in this Helmet. But not at this price.
I too have been shopping around for a helmet recently and the prices for some of them seem nuts. I was thinking about the Casco Speed Time but even with big discounts it's extremely expensive. best I've found is €325 (approx. $365 US) and that's with a 29% discount. I think it would might suit me but I'm stuggling to justify that expense.
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They wil also have a $250 version of the helmet.

Plastic instead of carbon fiber, and 4 vents instead of none. Though given that they claim the unvented one is only 3 sec faster than a Selector, I'm not really sure this helmet is a big step up.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://aerogeeks.com/...ate-mips-first-look/

Great review with pricing and information
In Reply To:

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Humm, "the Aerohead Ultimate MIPS is over three seconds faster over 40 kilometers (and 400 watts) than Giro’s previous Selector." is this a game changer?

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:
Humm, "the Aerohead Ultimate MIPS is over three seconds faster over 40 kilometers (and 400 watts) than Giro’s previous Selector." is this a game changer?

Actually, this seems very credible to me. Much more credible than all those "1 minute savings" from the marketing on some of the other helmets. Selector is a very good helmet on its own, dont you think?
I dont think theres really that much of a room for improvements than a really marginal gains and I cant really trust those claims that make it look like this and that helmet shape causes less drag than having no head on your shoulders:)

But then again, what should marketing dept do? When apparently you need to hear those sweet stories otherwise you are clearly not satisfied
Last edited by: Rachela: May 19, 16 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [rockdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:
If you consider my wife divorcing me after I buy a $550 helmet a game changer, then yes, it's a big game changer.

Kidding aside, the $250 version of this helmet could be a game changer. That price point goes right up against most other reasonable priced aero helmets. Throw in the bad ass new look and MIPS, and this could be the helmet seen most commonly in races by next year.

I was initially dejected by the $550 version, but now I am excited by the $250 version. If it fits my head (I have an absurdly large melon...hence my nickname Meathead), this will definitely be on my Christmas list.
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [Rachela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rachela wrote:
rockdude wrote:

Actually, this seems very credible to me. Much more credible than all those "1 minute savings" from the marketing on some of the other helmets. Selector is a very good helmet on its own, dont you think?
I dont think theres really that much of a room for improvements than a really marginal gains and I cant really trust those claims that make it look like this and that helmet shape causes less drag than having no head on your shoulders:)

But then again, what should marketing dept do? When apparently you need to hear those sweet stories otherwise you are clearly not satisfied

I started a new thread which you can see, but I'm telling you guys, Giro is reporting conservative numbers. I expect most people to see a better time savings than the numbers they've released. Good on them for not taking their lowest numbers and presenting them as gospel. You have to respect that.

I would buy this helmet at $250 before Giro comes to it's senses and adds $100 to that price.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rockdude wrote:

Looks like I'm keeping my selector for a few more years then.... I was hoping to get this one soon but oh well... maybe the next iteration would be a lil bit faster than 3 sec.
Quote Reply
Re: Rohan Dennis - new Giro helmet at the Australian Time Trials? [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Came home from a trip to find my new Aerohead on my doorstep. First impressions - this thing is sweet. Visibility is fantastic, for is great (for me), it looks sweet and the magnetic visor makes putting it on a breeze. Can't wait to get some ride time with it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next