Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Dec. 28 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is having a good holiday season.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 28 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm ready for the gym to be back to regular opening hours so that I can get back on the treadmill and into the pool!

How was your week TC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally! P got me a pair of checkered slip-on Vans, just like I had when I was 15 :-). Kids got spoiled. We spent a lot of time together, managed to get in a snowshoe session with the dog as well. A lot of fun.

- run EZ any - DONE I actually ran 4 times :-)
- skate 1x + 1 rec (hockey skate) session - DONE
- ride 2x - small D done, I rode once (50k) but it's been really cold and rainy and sucky :-(
- eat yummy treats - DONE
- sleep a lot - DONE
- enjoy not working for a couple days - HellaDONE
- see Star Wars (we are going with the kids for Xmas eve) - BOOYEAH DONE

I only have 2 days of work this week, so I'd like to run 3x, ride once at least, and get in a rec skate session plus club skates start back up on Sat (so skate x3).

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week was OK. I swam once, did some alternate workouts - strength, TRX, elliptical.
Rode outside twice with the husband, because hey why not, and it wasn't freezing, and they were fun dirt roads.

Elliptical Q: my forefeet go numb at about 30 mins. How to prevent this? I cannot 'go backwards' because it's instantly irritating to my hamstring issue. I tried switching to non-running shoes and it may have helped slightly.

I was supposed to have a 2nd interview today for a job but the co. canceled due to weather issues we are having. Once the weather hit my house, I'm glad to not be out in it. I hope they reschedule soon. They are the ones who called it off due to the weather.

This week - swim, bike as I feel like it, do days 2 & 3 of my PT's 'return to running' program to see how it goes.
Continue with strength training and as much as I can stand of the elliptical (it's SO BORING, oh my gosh).

I had a good Christmas with my family but ate way too much junk... feeling like I gained 20 lbs. I might check the damage tomorrow. Ugh.
Mostly I just feel icky and bloated. Now that I'm home again I can get more veggies and good protein and feel better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my first time participating in this How was your week thread. Question, are people talking about how their last week was? I guess since this week hasn't happened yet.

I got a new bicycle and the weather has been moderate enough to ride, even though I feel like a tool riding a TT bike in the upper 30's (today). However I felt like a rock star on Christmas day, when it was in the 60's. That was when the love affair started. I'm now 4 days into a planned continuous 8-10 of riding outside. (I'm on vacation, so can bike in the middle/warmest part of the day.)

On the flip side, I haven't been to the pool. All I want to do is ride. Maybe I should start the new year with a 1 week challenge of getting in the pool every day. Hmm.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Christmas was good, but I got sick last night. Made my husband pull over on the highway this afternoon. So dignified.

Here's hoping it's short lived - I was really enjoying my time off.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 28 Edition [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Question, are people talking about how their last week was?

Yup. We generally set goals for the week then check in about whether or not we made them, along with talking about anything else we feel like. :-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone, long time no post. :)

Went MIA to Florida from my job/life for a couple of weeks. Signing up for my first tri in a while. Swam, biked, walked practically every day. Easy to do when it's sunny and warm. :)

Looking forward to joining you all again.

~~ db
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 28 Edition [dreaming~big] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi! Welcome back!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 28 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really good holiday week. I got some lovely Christmas presents - a painting by a local artist, and some merino wool socks (I love merino wool stuff) among other nice gifts.
goals this week = day off from running done, ride outside 2x rode, but spin or stationary bike at the gym, swim at least once nope - between working and holiday pool closures, that didn't happen

I did manage:
run 6 days = 53.5 mi
bike 5 days = 40 mi

goals for this week:
swim tomorrow AM (already made plans to go with 2 other women)
bike at least 2x
write my syllabus for the class I'm teaching :P school starts next Monday

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I just need a moment to vent here.

My job loss is really bothering me. I keep going over the day I was let go, replaying the events in my mind and trying to make more sense of them. I feel damaged. I feel like I'm wondering if I can trust myself in my job related abilities again. I was let go for making a mistake at my job. I have talked to others in my field and without exception, everyone has thought that the error I made was not worth being let go over. However, it doesn't change the fact that I was let go for an error, and I am left wondering if I'll make a similar error again... if I am capable of making an error like that, I don't doubt I may make another in the future. How will I deal with that?
I am a person of faith, and I have been praying a lot these weeks.
Even the consolation that due to lack of business I likely would have been let go eventually anyway isn't much comfort. My friends are trying to be comforting, my family convinced that the business I was working for was hurting badly and they were 'looking for an excuse' to let me go. I knew my boss well enough to know that he was upset and angry that this type of mistake was made in his business, that it reflected badly upon his business, and that is not the type of business and standards he holds up to.
It was worse. I was sleeping much more poorly. My sleep has slowly improved. It's been easier since my husband has been off for the holidays, when he was still getting up to go to work I was unable to fall back asleep and it was a reminder that I was NOT going to work.
I'm looking for a job. I even had a first interview. I told them exactly what happened and the error I made, and didn't get much of a reaction. Even got a second interview set up (now Jan. 6th). So my fear of "I made an error so bad I won't be hired again" is somewhat abated.
My field is small enough I may (it's highly likely, if I go to our state's educational conference) run into my ex-boss at a conference, and I don't look forward to that. It's one of the things I've thought about. How to deal with that. ugh. Yuck. Part of me wants to be like "you turd! do you know how much sleep you have cost me, what you did to my confidence?!?!"

This is one time I wish I had a blog. But well, I'll just use this. I just wanted to write all what I'm feeling. Put it down, get it out.
Thanks for listening.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 28 Edition [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
However, it doesn't change the fact that I was let go for an error, and I am left wondering if I'll make a similar error again... if I am capable of making an error like that, I don't doubt I may make another in the future. How will I deal with that?

We all MIGHT make mistakes. We're humans. I don't know what you do for work, but I imagine you have one error, and THOUSANDS of doing whatever it is correctly. You might make an error. Or you might do it right. Statistically speaking, doing it right is probably much more likely. I imagine this is something of the sort that it is going to take some actual experiences of doing it right to get your confidence back.

Quote:
Even the consolation that due to lack of business I likely would have been let go eventually anyway isn't much comfort.
It sort of makes sense to me that that isn't much comfort - it's different being let go because of a lack of business (not your fault) and making a mistake (your fault, even if perhaps you shouldn't have been fired over it).

The whole thing sounds like a really tough situation. Keep venting / doing other things that make you feel less stressed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing better, but feeling very tired and wrung out.

Fortunately, my throat infection cleared up enough that I could enjoy Christmas. Didn't have to worry or disappoint my mom (my only family, apart from my husband) by postponing it or not being able to eat all the cooking, baking and prepping I'd done.

I offered my husband my forgiveness on Christmas Eve, because I feel like he's making a real effort to be a better man and truly regrets his indiscretion. It was an isolated incident 12+ years of happy marriage, so I'm willing to try to move past it. Things between us were good over Christmas, but we hit a roadblock last night that had led me to an understanding that he just doesn't care about me the way I do him. I need some time to process that and talk to him about it, because as I look back with fresh perspective this has been a source of heartache for me in the past.

In any case, I need to just keep moving.

This week's goals (didn't make any last week):
swim x 1
bike x 1
run x 5
core/strength x 3

Quote | Reply
Keep on doing the things that get you to the place you need to be for peace. The rest of the world will figure itself out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hugs to the ladies having a hard time. =( Unfortunately I've had my share of job loss (entered a field just before the internet completely changed/destroyed it) and even though I've been at my job almost a year I live in constant fear of losing this one, too.

I didn't make grand goals for last week: Just get some exercise in, enjoy the time off and the holiday, and don't overdo it on the sweets. I succeeded in the first and second but not the third. =) In fact, I just had a snack of chocolate Chex mix, yum yum.

This week will be more of the same: Get some exercise in, enjoy and take advantage of the time off, start to work salads and vegetables back into my diet.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another week of travel last week (week #5). So a little walking and not a lot else. I did go work out with my teammate who is a personal trainer and we did a lot of upper body weights and my PT exercises. I will be very happy when my travel heavy schedule is over!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply