Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Manning linked to doping [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Horseface will still enjoy retirement this year and eating lots of chicken parm. I'm sure he's happy you're out there defending him.
Quote Reply
Re: Manning linked to doping [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
Their wording is atrocious in everything they make public. How can they "conclude" that he didn't take any PEDs? They can only "conclude" that they cannot prove that he did.

Not sure what problem you have with the wording. I think all they said is that they found no credible evidence of doping. I didn't see anywhere that they said, "He didn't dope."

If he did in fact dope, I can only imagine how bad his stats would have been last year without help. Other than that winning the Superbowl thing, it was a awful season for him statistically.

Was a statistically crappy year in 2015 evidence enough for NFL?

http://www.foxsports.com/...manning-player-stats

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: Manning linked to doping [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
Horseface will still enjoy retirement this year and eating lots of chicken parm. I'm sure he's happy you're out there defending him.

It's Papa Johns pizza my friend. ;-)

I don't see where I defended him at all. I'm more of a college sports guy than any professional level sports fan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Listen man, my biggest problem today has been with the NFL. I think they are power-hungry weasels who completely lack integrity and consistency. I did not come on here to defend Brady. If the NFL had actual proof of wrong-doing, I would understand the punishment. My point is, there was no proof, just as there was no proof that Manning took PEDs. Consistency would say that their investigations would have resulted in the same outcome. But we all know, they haven't.

And if you more of a college guy than a pro guy, why would you get involved in this discussion? Because clearly you are

1. Defending Manning:

He probably didn't bust his cell phone up like Brady did.

2. Unfamiliar with all the endorsements/commercials Manning has:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dammit! You know how hard I tried to get that song out of my head. It will be stuck for weeks now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know, and all it does is make me want chicken parm and not insurance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
Right here: "NFL concludes Peyton Manning didn't use HGH, any other PEDs"

ETA: From the ESPN article:

"The NFL has determined that Peyton Manning did not use human growth hormone or any other performance-enhancing drug banned under the league's policy."

ETA: From the NFL statement:

"Following a comprehensive seven-month investigation into allegations made in a documentary by Al-Jazeera America, the NFL found no credible evidence that Peyton Manning was provided with or used HGH or other substances prohibited by the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances, it was announced today,"

Sooooo, your issue is with whatever reporter wrote the article, and not the NFL.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Manning linked to doping [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ESPN and the NFL are one in the same. My issue is with both the article from ESPN and the statement from the NFL. Both those organizations are dirty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ESPN carries water for whatever sports they are televising. I get it, they are a business. With all the baseball PED stories, every one of their representatives ignored it until it got thrown into their face. Same with football issues - PEDs, concussions, etc. They would do the same for table-tennis if they were televising that. It's tiresome. Part of why I cut the cable and don't listen to their sports radio shows anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Manning linked to doping [Hokiebird] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I find interesting is how opposite baseball and football are with what is important to them.

In football, PED use is overlooked (and probably encouraged) while domestic violence has been the end of the line (for good reason).

In baseball, PED use is the worst thing that their athletes could do, but domestic violence is pushed under the rug once the immediate reactions dissipate (ie Chapman).

ESPN does a great job of displaying whatever issues these leagues want displayed while neglecting the issues they don't.
Quote Reply

Prev Next