Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Into The Badlands
Quote | Reply
So far I'm pretty captivated. Thoughts anyone?

Robert Dao
ATC Racing - Austin, TX
Gold's Gym Triathlon Coach
@speedao1
@daotraining
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [SpeeDao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
watched the first segment - but I became afraid that the little stowaway kid was going to get trained in the arts - - - couldn't bear to see that so bailed on show.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok so I've been waiting for this. The actor who plays the baron is decent in other films. Usually plays a good Villian. 10 minutes in and it's good so far.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Network?
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [J-No] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AMC

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just started watching this on Netflix last night. I finished episode 2 and am pretty captivated by it so far. I expect I'll be done with it by the end of the week.
Last edited by: IHOP: Mar 13, 17 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [IHOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IHOP wrote:
I just started watching this on Netflix last night. I finished episode 2 and am pretty captivated by it so far. I expect I'll be done with it by the end of the week.

Good thing, because it starts up again next weekend with Season 2...

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've cut the cord, but that's good to know that it will hopefully be on Netflix again soon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SpeeDao wrote:
So far I'm pretty captivated. Thoughts anyone?

I watched season one when it came out! Enjoyed it, will be watching season two!
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [xtremrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am really liking this series. I'm totally caught up now. Watched season 1 on Netflix and catching the Season 2 current shows via Kodi.

Started watching it because it was mentioned in the Iron Fist (which is a shit -show) thread.

Lots of over-the-top graphic blood, violence, martial arts, and swordplay. Well choreographed fight scenes. Kind of super-hero-esque in the fighting abilities. I like the liberal use of female fighters.

Fair amount of cheese sprinkled in the writing and story line, but it hasn't bothered me too much. This show is all about the fight scenes.

It is a bit of a head scratcher that shows with this much graphic violence and gore don't show any nudity and almost no foul language. All I've heard in this show is "shit" maybe twice.

It is weird how (american) sensibilities are cool with the blood and gore, but won't touch nudity. In this show, unlike Walking Dead, the blood is human and not zombie gore.

Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Catching up on Season 1 now. I think the widow is hot. My type.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Into The Badlands [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:
Catching up on Season 1 now. I think the widow is hot. My type.

Indeed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Endo wrote:
I am really liking this series. I'm totally caught up now. Watched season 1 on Netflix and catching the Season 2 current shows via Kodi.

Started watching it because it was mentioned in the Iron Fist (which is a shit -show) thread.

Lots of over-the-top graphic blood, violence, martial arts, and swordplay. Well choreographed fight scenes. Kind of super-hero-esque in the fighting abilities. I like the liberal use of female fighters.

Fair amount of cheese sprinkled in the writing and story line, but it hasn't bothered me too much. This show is all about the fight scenes.

It is a bit of a head scratcher that shows with this much graphic violence and gore don't show any nudity and almost no foul language. All I've heard in this show is "shit" maybe twice.

It is weird how (american) sensibilities are cool with the blood and gore, but won't touch nudity. In this show, unlike Walking Dead, the blood is human and not zombie gore.

you're welcome (maybe). it's very entertaining

i still can't finish iron fist. such awful writing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

If you show a pussy or a dick you get in trouble and everyone shields their kids' eyes!!!!

The horror!!!

But any of those PG13 marvel comic movies will several dozen violent deaths and it's all good.

This country is so fucked up when it come to nudity (which is always automatically equated with sex).

I'm very leery of people who are uptight about nudity and sex. I try to keep my son away from them.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you like your tv with a good mix of blood and nudity I would recommend all the seasons of "Spartacus".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't work for me.

Loved the first two episodes.

[Following is spoiler of stuff I didn't like and why I think it sucks]

Then the quality of production seemed to decrease like they were running out of money. Quinn's accent is annoying. M.K. is either bad actor or had bad lines or both. Ryder is neither likable or hate able. Only character i cared about was sunny and then they had him exclaim to the kid who never told the truth, "I trusted you." Duh. Out of character stupid. I'm done. I like the Widow, but she is motivated only by a kid who might have super powers but i don't want to see what happens if she ever catches him and learns how annoying and dumb he is.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply