Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Training after vasectomy... [vomer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say go with what your body tells you rather than worry what anyone else did - I'm pretty sure I was about 3 weeks following the snip before I even felt close to wanting to do sport.

All the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I'm glad to hear that for me, but sorry to hear that for you. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Training after vasectomy... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got lucky, no swelling, sat on a bag of frozen peas for a few days. I did my first bike ride 3 days after, but made a point of doing hill repeats and stood up for most of it.
I recently had a hip xray, and the doc got a kick out of the fact that the report made mention of my vasectomy clips still being in place. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't help it, and surprised that the thread has lasted this long without the comment....

Just Go Balls Out!
Quote Reply
Re: Training after vasectomy... [Running dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running dad wrote:
I'd say go with what your body tells you rather than worry what anyone else did - I'm pretty sure I was about 3 weeks following the snip before I even felt close to wanting to do sport.

All the best.

Agree here -- I went with 3 guys (neighbors). Yes, some sort of odd bonding thing. haha. They were delaying and delaying and we finally got our act together.

One guy recovered ridiculously fast, 3 days later he was fine

Other guy was good in about a week.

I had a longer recovery, 3 weeks to feel normal again.

Just listen to your body and dont be stupid, you dont need an infection or a setback of some sort.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was lucky (perhaps stupid), completed a sprint tri within 3 weeks of having th op. My wife a nurse was suitably unimpressed at the time and 2 years later her position hasn't changed.

At the time took arnica before and after the op, along with wearing supportive underwear for a couple of weeks.

Everyone is different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had mine done 13 days ago and I would say yesterday was the first day I felt totally pain free. I waited about a week before going for a run and should have waited a couple more days.

Not doing any serious training right now with a 2 year old and 2 month old, but I do bike commute to work and was find doing that on day 5. Only a couple miles and I just took it easy.

Looking forward to getting my sample tested and getting the all-clear.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was only 6 days off my commuter; 7 days off my road bike. To "burn some excess energy off the top" while I was recuperating, I did a few walks (>90') after the 3rd day.

YRMV.

no sponsors | no races | nothing to see here
Last edited by: philly1x: Apr 12, 17 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Well I'm glad to hear that for me, but sorry to hear that for you. ;)

no worries. No permanent pain, so I'm a happy dude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I timed my vasectomy to be 5 days after marathon. I wanted to double up the marathon recovery with vasectomy recovery.

After 2 weeks of mostly rest, I started swim lessons and focused on swimming for another 2 weeks.

After 4 weeks total I was back into running and cycling 100%.

Absolutely no issues during any of the 4 weeks. I would say I took a very cautious approach.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had the no scalpel method. I didn't miss a beat. I was out that weekend. I never even iced it- doctor told me he didn't think it made any difference. I drove myself home after telling them I had a ride- which I did, my Mustang with a stiff clutch.

The worst parts were:

#1 The bruises from the doctor rubberbanding my dick up and out of the way.

#2 The smoke drifting up from my groin as the doctor commented on how I looked like I worked out.

#3 Sex felt a little different for a the first few times. Worried me a bit.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply

Prev Next