Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Louamerica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It would be funny if he had his own feed station with table, chair, linen table cloths, centerpiece (the whole nine yards) and some kind of delicious meal served by waiters.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Wayne@PolarUSA [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was up near Hugo's and heard he was at the top of the hill, so I naturally had to view this. Moments before he pulled out.

Last edited by: Wayne@PolarUSA: Oct 12, 15 9:01
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did Kona in 2013

But I agree, he should stick to running Comrads, its much more manageable for him /pink
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
I noticed a big difference between his UK shows and his US shows. His UK shows he is much tamer and seems to play it up more on the US versions.

He is also much tamer in his US Masterchef series, especially with the kids in Masterchef Juniors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
IM has made it to the big show now!!!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/...MZ_Web_Nav_TMZSports
Last edited by: jhouckwsu: Oct 12, 15 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [jhouckwsu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jhouckwsu wrote:
IM has made it to the big show now!!!!!!http://www.tmz.com/...MZ_Web_Nav_TMZSports[/quote[/url]]

Triathlon has finally made it and all it took for a barfing chef.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
.... I was actually sitting next to him in T2, much nicer guy than his TV persona.

Same experience as when we lived in the UK my son would swim at a meet that his daughter would also attend. Very responsive and positive to the other kids asking for photos and autographs, which was nice to hear. Too bad he was not able to finish.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was next to Ramsay before the start and he had his "crew" around him but was pretty down to earth. Leap frogged him on the bike from Waikaloa when he caught up to me, through the end of the bike. He is a big guy out there. The winds on the way back along the Queen K were brutal for the later people. I was aero going down hill peddling hard and not able to get above about 13 mph. The hills were big enough to easily go 20-25 coasting without the wind. I could only imagine his big size pushing that wind. Never saw him after I started the run.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [cocojunior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cocojunior wrote:
He could have had a legitimate TUE for asthma medication.

If he was on PEDs for 50 first dates, I'd be wanting a refund if I were him.

Or he didn't need a TUE for his Asthma meds to begin with.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

Hahaha... Awesome ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [mroger82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mroger82 wrote:
BayDad wrote:
He posted on Facebook that he was throwing up on the bike and couldn't keep any nutrition down. Wants to go back.

He's raising money for charity - Great Ormond Street Hospital I think, so who cares if he qualified or not. WTC invite him and it's their race.

Glad he raised money for a charity. Do it somewhere else and give the Kona slot to somebody who deserves to be there.
WTF have slots for celebs raising money. He was doing so, therefore deserved to be there.

I dare say he also has quite a few followers on social media so the exposure the sport gets from him is huge, so if he influences people to get fitter and try our sport that's another good outcome.

I ride:
Cervelo - P-Series/R3
GT - Sensor Carbon Expert

Supporters - Flo Cycling, Mount Bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [mroger82] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mroger82 wrote:
BayDad wrote:
He posted on Facebook that he was throwing up on the bike and couldn't keep any nutrition down. Wants to go back.

He's raising money for charity - Great Ormond Street Hospital I think, so who cares if he qualified or not. WTC invite him and it's their race.

Glad he raised money for a charity. Do it somewhere else and give the Kona slot to somebody who deserves to be there.

He fully deserves to be there.

With his followers base he probably does more for sport and general "fitness" as well for those that he raises money, than anyone up there that is below 50 place.(50 place is just an example)
Most of those athletes that "deserve to be there" but finish 100-200-300 place they do this for themselves and closest circle, nobody outside of Kona world knows them, probably 90% of triathletes do not even know them . Ramsay starting and not even finishing is inspiring more people you even imagine. His "performance" will get more normal people off the couch than most of the "deserving" Kona finishers together.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [sebo2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have been taking business lessons from Gordon watching his UK show. Bloody hell it's working. I've got my h--- out my a -- and everyone is quitting, complaining I've become a foul-mouthed abusive [bleep]. All that language is shock therapy btw.

It's a lot like sport, when you need read the riot act on complancey and to push well beyond the comfort zone. Not surprising he's tackled the sport full on.

I've been looking for training updates from this Guru-riding superstar but haven't seen anything. Anyone know if his legs are healthy and he's back at it?

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like GR has entered into some sort of 'partnership' with the Challenge family;
http://www.triathlonbusiness.com/...a-ramsay-foundation/
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [Xplombier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didnt realize until fairly recently that Ramsey was a footbal (soccer) player, apparretly gave it up de to injury.

as said a largish guy so not ideal for distance, but I was fairly impressed to see him do the london marathon in 3:30
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [JRC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure how good he ever was, but I think he had a trial with (Glasgow) Rangers. Getting a trial with a big team is what every aspiring young footballers dream, but a lot of them don't come to any fruition. Bet he's glad he never got picked up by them now!
It looks like his GTR100 foundation/charity are raising a lot of money for a good cause, and also giving triathlon a lot of press it might not have otherwise gotten, so good luck to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, I dont follow football at all, or watch his programs,

the shouty chef thing was pretty irritating after the fisrt series but in intervies he seems like a decent bloke so good luck to him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's something new....probably like me, until he fixes other things (like the back) the legs take the brunt

<https://www.instagram.com/p/BPYcmPXjdGf/

<https://www.instagram.com/.../?taken-by=alterginc

Heck of an apparatus, but reducing the effective body weight sure would make the difference. Ideally getting the pelvis up and properly engaged would be cool too.

Last edited by: SharkFM: Jan 20, 17 14:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JRC wrote:
I didnt realize until fairly recently that Ramsey was a footbal (soccer) player, apparretly gave it up de to injury.

as said a largish guy so not ideal for distance, but I was fairly impressed to see him do the london marathon in 3:30

You may have good objective intel on his largeishness, but when I saw him in LA, he seemed quite short.

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xplombier wrote:
I'm not sure how good he ever was, but I think he had a trial with (Glasgow) Rangers. Getting a trial with a big team is what every aspiring young footballers dream.

Rangers were a pretty decent European side in the 80s.
Quote Reply
Re: Gordon Ramsay DNF at Kona ? [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant more in terms of weight, after all he is a chef

6"1 ish and about 190lb apparently,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ramsay made an appearance on the Redditt forum this morning. My son gave me a heads up. His Achilles is still hurting. Here's an excerpt:

" I'd say about 12 years ago, I was struggling under immense pressure and I was finding it very difficult to switch off, so I started running. I ran like a sack of shit for the first 18 months, I was terrible. I remember my first match, someone shouted by the bridge halfway, "Ramsey, where's your sports bra?" So, apart from taking abuse on my first ever match and finishing in the dark, I started running. That gave me more time to myself and I could sort of process the pressure and recharge my battery. It sounded a bit weird because I was in the kitchen since 7:30 in the morning breaking at 2 or 3 in the afternoon, in the gym for an hour, and then back at 5:30 or 6, and stay until around 11 or midnight. That one hour in the gym a day completely distressed me. I couldn't run every day. Every other day, I could run. After marathon, I took up triathalon because that gave me a little bit more time to myself. Weather it was swim in the morning. A long bike ride on the weekends. Triathlons saved my life. That put things in perspective in a way I could claw back, valuable, independent time that took me away from the hustle of running production companies to major networks, to the pressure of the Michelin Guide. I found that balance and that release, and that's really important. The busier I got, the fitter I got. I think it's the same in science, in the way that you need to be disciplined to take that time out, spend 90 minutes every other day processing what you got and what you're doing. I think a lot of the bike, I think a lot on a swim, I think a lot on the run and that's really good important time for me."

Quote Reply

Prev Next