Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [Tri_Scott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do care, but occasionally you can get an a$$hole rep on the phone.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [winchester] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't do smart recording if you are using a power meter, unless you only care about per numbers when cornering. Smart recording throws away many of your data points in a straight line.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [Endo Ag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo Ag wrote:
Don't do smart recording if you are using a power meter, unless you only care about per numbers when cornering. Smart recording throws away many of your data points in a straight line.
Agreed. Smart recording is anything but smart. Besides the logical (but unproven) comment above that constant power calculations eat battery, so therefore: less data points=less battery wasted...Garmin mentioned long ago that smart recording only affects file size and not battery life.

Other battery hogs not mentioned (besides BT, wifi, glonass) include backlight and vibration alerts. The beep alerts should be plenty and only turn the backlight on when the sun goes down.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [Endo Ag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Endo Ag wrote:
Garmin head units automatically go to once-per-second recording if you have a power meter connected, at least partially because many post-processing tools really hate variable rate records.

Less is more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea when slimmer/lighter 920 will be released?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CES of Vegas announced the new Fenix 3 optical HR........do you have news from a new 920XT?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [FlorianNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump!

My 910 just died. Need to get a new tri watch.
Did some research, couldnt find anything concrete showing that garmin will release a 930 anytime soon.

Unless I missed something?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Still no news. F3 or F3HR is probably your best bet for now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a slimmer, smaller, lighter 920 would be ideal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They will announce at Kona and release early 2017.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I quized some Garmin reps a month or so ago and they claimed to know nothing about any successor to the 920 any time soon. They added that they are always working on new projects but nothing that would be announced any time soon.

So maybe Kona announcement with xmas or later launch? Even that sounds pretty soon for something no one has seen a glimmer of yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wearables are the thing at the moment and garmin are now making updates pretty quicky.
Look at the new vivoactive, I didn't expect an update so soon. It seems they are trying to get the optical HR monitor into all of their devices asap, so i wouldnt be surprised if a 920 replacement comes out soon.

I think everyone was expecting apple to do something more with the apple watch

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it will be another year before we see the 930. Although now that I'm think through this I guess that the cell phone market has proven to us that consumers are willing to upgrade each year to have the latest and greatest thing, perhaps Garmin is trying to cash in and shorten their life cycle on products.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope its another year. This is starting to feel like buying an iPhone.

Anthony Brown
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [lax2233] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lax2233 wrote:
I hope its another year. This is starting to feel like buying an iPhone.
That makes no sense.
They can release one now, doesn't mean you have to buy it.
Let others figure out if there's any bugs and tell you what they like or don't. You can make a more informed choice and maybe even get a better price when you buy one next year. Why would you want to by them as soon as they're available? Marketing victim?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
VivoActive HR is due for release in May. It has SBR metrics, although not enough memory for IM. It beats always forgetting my HRM and I will buy and wear it until the 930 comes out, hopefully next year.

Swim metrics appear to be in the process of updating. I sent the Garmin 235 back due to its ability to record swim metrics in the "other" mode, but inability to send them to Garmin Connect.

Gamin Support said either the Fenix 3 (too much $ for a 1 year-wear) or VivoActive HR were the most suitable current options.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [Reactions] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.howtoptec.com/2017/01/garmin-forerunner-935xt-first-leaks.html

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 930xt Announcement? [nbrowne1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)