Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders is absolutely NOT as far left as it .....n "extremist" when that isn't really accurate.

Does some sort of natural disaster happen if we agree...well I guess main is under water.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanders is too far left and does not have a good campaign structure in place to properly run an election cycle.

Sanders doesn't have a good campaign structure and has self imposed a limiting campaign donation structure on himself. I don't think the "Far left" part has anything to do with it. In fact being a 74 YO white guy is probably more damaging then being "To far left" IMO.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Biden vs Rubio

Sanders is too far left and does not have a good campaign structure in place to properly run an election cycle. Hillary is done, way too many issues to deal with in addition to not polling well with key demographics.

Trump will ride the wave but in the primaries will fall away, primary voters are different than the generalized opinion polls out right now. Fiorina is not even a conservative and i have no clue why she is even considered right now. Rubio is the clear choice; well established campaign engine, financed well, very smart and articulate, actually conservative, and polls well with key demographics (women, latino, and the others).

The force is strong with this one. Remember this prediction.

Rubio & Biden win their respective "Miss Congeniality" competitions in the primaries, and having proven themselves to not be completely unacceptable with thier base, they duke it out to see who can be the least disliked by the most uninformed voters. Rubio ekes out a victory, and presides over a collapsing economy.
Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rubio ekes out a victory, and presides over a collapsing economy.

That last part is a pretty good reason for neither party to actual WANT to win this election and maybe that is exactly what's going on. I've honestly never seen such a weak field on both sides of the aisle, which kind of makes me think all the "Talent" is staying at home thinking "Nope, I know what's coming down the pipe and I want no part of it"

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
Rubio ekes out a victory, and presides over a collapsing economy.

That last part is a pretty good reason for neither party to actual WANT to win this election and maybe that is exactly what's going on. I've honestly never seen such a weak field on both sides of the aisle, which kind of makes me think all the "Talent" is staying at home thinking "Nope, I know what's coming down the pipe and I want no part of it"

~Matt

however, besides myself and you, I can't think of any other strong candidates sitting this one out - - - who'd you like to see run?
Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
however, besides myself and you, I can't think of any other strong candidates sitting this one out - - - who'd you like to see run?

How about just about any relatively honest, non radical, civil, relatively intelligent human being. I would guess there is at least 5% of the population that would all be stronger candidates then anyone we currently have to choose from.

Maybe it's just the trend we are on that is simply getting worse, you have to be nearly a douche bag to even run. Rational people want no part of the entire circus.

This is kind of why I like Sanders, despite being nearly polar opposite of me policy wise he seems fairly civil, consistent and doesn't play politics.

Shit, how about THIS GUY? :-)

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posts like these are fun to read now.
Quote Reply
Re: Election 2016 - who will it be? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Jeb vs Hilary. Jeb wins.

Nailed it!