Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Saddle question - lady parts [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh.My.God.

I'm sorta speechless. Is that collection real? If so, it's eye opening.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle question - lady parts [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah.....me too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle question - lady parts [cassidyfit1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we talk about biking shorts since it was mentioned here a bit ???? Which ones do you ladies like ??? My LBPs are pretty much OK...BUT my inner thighs right where they meet my "crotch" are torn to shreds & chafed so badly :-(
Help !!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Coeur shorts have very soft fleece that run down the leg (no seams at your creases). I love the fleece and no seam, I hate the short length.

Two wheels good. Four wheels bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle question - lady parts [DrTriKat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^^^^^THANKS !!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What you need, my friend, is liberal application of chamois cream to that area. Seriously. It's important to have good shorts (I love all the Garneau bike and tri shorts that I've used... some tri shorts I've seen have a thin fleece that I find totally inadequate). But chamois cream is totally key if you find you're chafing there. I use Chamois Butt'r, it's good stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle question - lady parts [Tsunami] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh, it's real alright! good reading on the different tabs
to quote the "about the artist" section:
"The 9 metre long polyptych consists of four hundred plaster casts of vulvas, all of them unique, arranged into ten large panels. McCartney set out to make this project as broad and inclusive as possible. The age range of the women is from 18 to 76. Included are mothers and daughters, identical twins, transgendered men and women as well as a woman pre and post natal and another one pre and post labiaplasty.
It’s not vulgar, it’s vulva! This isn’t just sensation, it is art with a social conscience and McCartney wants people to stop, look and listen. This is about grabbing the attention, using humour and spectacle, and then educating people about what normal women really look like. Described as “the Vagina Monologues of sculpture” this piece is intended to change the lives of women, forever.
“For many women their genital appearance is a source of anxiety and I was in a unique position to do something about that.”
Vulvas and labia are as different as faces and many people, particularly women, don't seem to know that. McCartney hopes this sculpture will help to combat the exponential rise, seen in recent years, of cosmetic labial surgeries. This new fashion for creating 'perfect' vaginas sets a worrying trend for future generations of women."

hasn't come to America yet.....

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The best shorts I've owned are both SheBeest. They are far better than the others. It's the fit. I have the Triple SSS and the S-Pro. http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodSB_3002.html

I use the Adamo Podium saddle as well, and the Beljum Budder chamois cream for distances over 100K.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cassidyfit1 wrote:
Can we talk about biking shorts since it was mentioned here a bit ???? Which ones do you ladies like ??? My LBPs are pretty much OK...BUT my inner thighs right where they meet my "crotch" are torn to shreds & chafed so badly :-(
Help !!
My favorite bike shorts are from Terry. I don't like a thick chamois, and too much contouring is not compatible with my anatomy (it creates rubbing in the wrong places). I can ride all day in Terry shorts.

For tri shorts, nothing is as good as Shebeest. No seams, no lumpy areas, they are great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depends on personal preference and personal fit a bit, but the women in my family all like Skinfit - very thin fleece pads but nearly friction-free. We've also had luck with Assos and Rapha women's line if you like thick pads. Wiggle's house-brand, dhb, is a favourite of my partner's - very high quality for a low price, and their ASV line is her to-go kit for long days. We recently clocked several 4-7hr rides in a single holiday week and she survived better than I did (though I wasn't on my personal bike).

Unlike previous suggestions, I don't think relying on thick applications of chamois cream is a solution. It's masking the problem, which can backfire should you ever find yourself without the cream. If you "need" cream to survive the ride, something else is wrong - perhaps a badly located seam or a wrong-sized garment - because cycle clothing is supposed to move with the skin, not rub against it - and if points of motion have a seam then it's a badly-placed one. I still have a tub of 4 year old cream in my fridge that I never got around to using.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply

Prev Next