Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Small Tear in Wetsuit. Fixable
Quote | Reply
I have a small little slit in my wetsuit and was wondering if it could be fixed. Or should I just be really careful and hope it does not get any bigger. It is about 1/4" long and on my upper thigh. Most likely a fingernail from someone helping me with putting it on this winter.

Suggestions. TIA

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Re: Small Tear in Wetsuit. Fixable [Styk33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Should be fixable with wetsuit glue/neoprene cement from a scuba shop. The glue I'm familiar with goes: One coat each surface, dry 10-15 minutes. Second coat each surface, dry 10-15 minutes. carefully join surfaces (it's contact cement, so once the two surfaces touch-that's it.) and wait 24 hours. All fixed.

Brett
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They can be glued. Just take it to a scuba shop. Divers get small nicks and tears all the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Small Tear in Wetsuit. Fixable [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great. I will do. Thank you guys.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Lake of the Pines Triathlon fastest bike course record holder - Golden State Super Sprint fastest tri course record holder - Wildflower Long Course slowest run course record holder (4:46:32)

"If you have a body, you are an athlete." -Bill Bowerman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
QR makes a wetsuit care kit that includes wetsuit glue/tape. If you can't find a scuba shop it'll work. It may also be cheaper. (Plus you get Wetsuit shampoo and some other goodies.)
Quote Reply