Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Chlorine Allergy
Quote | Reply
Mrs Bulldog is having a problem swimming in our pool. She gets really itchy and a rash from what we think is the chlorine. Shes an awesome swimmer and doesnt want to give it up (won a few open water swim races this year) but its getting unbearable...for me too as shes scratching all night and im awake.

Shes tries lots of things including various medications, oatmeal baths, lotions, etc...has anybody had a similar experience and what have you done to deal with it?

Thanks alot..

Woof
Quote Reply
Re: Chlorine Allergy [MR BULLDOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is what is commonly known as "winter itch" because it has a tendancy to be more prevalent during the dryer months.

Try putting a moisturizing lotion on after swimming and showering. Also use a chlorine eliminating shampoo like "malibu" wash skin with it too. I have found it most convienent to just allow hair conditioner to partially rinse onto my body since the hair conditioners contain moisturizers similar to body lotions.

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Chlorine Allergy [MR BULLDOG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<<Mrs Bulldog is having a problem swimming in our pool. >>

Is this your own private pool or an aquatics facility you are currently swimming at? The actual chlroine molecule itself may not be the culprit. Combined chlorines are usually what is behind most irritation issues. Total alkilinity also has an affect on irritation. I'm willing to bet that there is something going on with the water chemistry in the pool.

Brett
Quote Reply