Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Can you respect yourself in the AM?
Quote | Reply
My, how even one year of doing tri's and training for an IM can skew your perception of what is 'normal.' It used to be that if I lifted 1.5 times per week on average and ran once a week I considered myself to be doing well. I now literally FREAK if I don't get in at least 1.5-2 hours of training a day. Am I weird (we're talking in this respect only :) )?

I get unpleasant to be around if I can't train. How does lack of training effect you? What's the minimum amount of training you can do and still respect yourself in the morning?
Quote Reply
Re: Can you respect yourself in the AM? [ahoodlum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The worst part is if you keep a log and you have to enter in zeroes for a day or two. My log keeps weekly totals and it's really depressing to look at the totals when I've slacked off. During those times, I'll often wait to enter daily totals for a few days; until I've gotten back on track and have some real numbers to input.

I guess I've got it bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Can you respect yourself in the AM? [ahoodlum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the tough part of the year for me to get in the training I would like. I pretty much have to emphasis running as it takes much less time and is safer to do in the dark . . . and I hate the trainer also. Therefore, some days I can't respect myself in the AM but in contrast to the typical A) obese "Mc"American or B) 2 packer a day I manage to maintain so sense of respect in the big scheme of things.
Quote Reply