Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

I'm wondering if anybody can help me with the 9th circle of hell that is Garmin Express.
I've got a few unsynced activities on my device that I can clearly view in the History section of the menu, but after I've synced with Garmin Connect it says I'm up to date despite the activites not being viewable on Garmin Connect or TrainingPeaks.

Does anybody know of a way that I can get round this?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is an option (I think in History) to do a "transfer all". Set that, resync (by say creating a bogus 5s wrokout) and that may send them across.
Quote Reply
Re: There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks,

Although I think maybe the files are a little corrupt. I don't know why that would be though.
I tried what you said, and it synced my "workout" from just now, but has left off the actual stuff from this week.

I'm pretty pissed off, because I did a hilly 103mi sportive yesterday with the sole aim of tweaking/confirming my power target for IM Wales next month (avoided drafting and pretty much did a 6hr time trial on the road bike), and now I can get at any of the power data!
Quote Reply
Re: There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync? [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If there are lots of files in the watch, you can try to selectively delete any ones you don't need, try to get it to a minimum and then "transfer all again". The 910 does not like too many files in it's memory. When so, I get reboots during transfer, selective transfer of files and other weird symptoms
Quote Reply
Re: There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync? [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"63 activities older than a month deleted"

Here goes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still no luck.
It synced an additional bogus workout but still not my files from earlier this week.

Does anybody know of a way that I can work around this in my computer's background?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar issue and garmin had me delete the files on the computer and then do the transfer all. They said I may have to do that from time to time. You will not lose the data on the site only the .fit files on the computer.
Quote Reply
Re: There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
I had a similar issue and garmin had me delete the files on the computer and then do the transfer all. They said I may have to do that from time to time. You will not lose the data on the site only the .fit files on the computer.

Along this line, I assume you have checked your computers hard drive for the files first? I sometimes do not get the GC transfer but the files have always made it to the activities file. Just had to manually upload to GC at that point.

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a similar issue with my Fenix 3 this week, and it was driving me nuts. I did two rides, but only one synced.

I powered it off, rebooted my Mac laptop, reconnected everything, waited for it to show up as an external USB drive and let it sync.

The activity synced.

Probably my restarting the watch was what really corrected the situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am I understanding correctly you had 63 undeleted activities in the watch?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on what data you'd like to save - and where - you might try the old skool Garmin Training Center. I have a FR305 and sometimes, especially for multisport activities, I have the same behavior. I can see the data on the 305, but not Connect - and Connect says that there is noting to download. Grrrr... I've discovered that downloading that data to GTC sometimes enables Garmin Connect to find that 'missing' activity at the next synch. I have no idea how this might work, but it seems to, and rather frequently. The added bonus is that you get some data (time/speed/distance/HR/ zones) that could be useful. This might be a FR305-only thing, but I thought it was worth mentioning as a last ditch effort.

Edit: Don't discount that GTC can export the files in formats that are useful - could get those into Connect, Strava, etc...
Last edited by: giorgitd: Aug 9, 15 7:51
Quote Reply
Re: There are unsynced activities on my 910xt, but Garmin express says nothing to sync? [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The most recent Garmin Connect iPhone update broke sync. I'm having to plug my Edge 810 into my computer in order to sync. Frustrating.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Welcome to Garmin Express. Enjoy your stay. My 910xt and Garmin Express sync maybe 60% of the time. I've stopped getting annoyed. It's just Garmin being Garmin.

Quote | Reply
You need to reinstall the garmin express. Just reinstall it and if again this problem pursues then resolve it by garmin forerunner troubleshooting which is very briefly written in Garmin Forerunner 910XT Manual.
Quote Reply