Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Vision Tech Aerobars
Quote | Reply
Anyone have any knowledge on Vision Tech comming out with an integrated bars with flat (not declined) pursuits? I can't seem to get any information out of FSA...but I have heard that they previewed some new aerobars at Interbike.

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [JohnKarol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't hold your breath. I emailed them about a month ago and they said the new stuff would be available in about 3 weeks. I emailed yesterday and they said Christmas. I have a feeling that if I email them at Christmas they will respond on availability of late January, etc., etc. etc. VT has been purchased by FSA who sources all their parts from Asia. Hence the new superlow prices for all their stuff. But products sourced from Asia can have very long lead times. If it ever gets here, their stuff sounds like it should be really nice and a relative bargain.

You can see a partial picture of the new integrated bar at the Triathletemag site (the picture mostly shows the brake lever). You can see their new aero base bar in Mr. Empfield's article in the new print Triathlete. Empfield may also have some good pictures of the integrated bar that he could post?
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new bar will have the pro (deep drop) and the tri (flat base) design however when they went to carbon fiber they found that instead of moulding the current alloy bars and making them out of carbon, they could redo the design and improve on their already good aerodynamics.

Anyone that has used them before knows how narrow they are at the "wing" section. The new bar is so narrow that the brake cable housing will not fit in the cavity. A small guide is now going to be used reducing weight and providing a smoother area for the cable to run with their new levers.

Yikes. January delivery.

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Re: Vision Tech Aerobars [john] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are there any pics of the new bars (besides the one that show the Brakes)?

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply