Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is it possible to purchase the hole front of the p5 and install in the p3? will i have to make some modification?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [Gustavohjr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm under a new name now. But yes, it's drag and drop. No mods needed.

Now good luck just running into the Cervelo dealer and ordering this stuff. You can get all the beard/brake cover stuff from them and maybe a fork. But they won't sell the bars
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [Wifeofatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the that you talked about is the piece thats is above de brake covers, am i right? Do you think that anoter bar would work or look as cool as the aduro? do you recomend any diferent bar? tks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [Gustavohjr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sourced the aduro bar from eBay. Someone that it wouldn't work for their fit was selling. And then the fork and covers I ordered from my local bike shop. The Maguras I got cheap from them too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is possible to do the same thing to a Classic P3 2013?

What do you think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Resurrecting this thread as I'm intrigued by the idea of installing a P5-6 fork on my NP3. Please accept a belated "well done" on your build!

Quoted from the OP regarding the P5-6 (bar and) fork install:
"This one was easy and is not really a mod. It is just about gathering the pieces and putting them together. The geometry of the headtube area is very similar between the p5 and p3/p2 and it fits no problem. After ordering the small pieces, I put it all together and the P3-6 was born."

What do you mean by "the small pieces"? In other words, what do I need other than the P5-6 fork? Any words of wisdom or potential problems to consider?

While I'm asking questions, what is a fair price for a P5-6 fork these days?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [Nicotriman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, I've done it to my P4

Nicotriman wrote:
It is possible to do the same thing to a Classic P3 2013?

What do you think?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Let the fun begins
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can we see your P4 / P Six
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s not as good as yours

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott wrote:
Resurrecting this thread as I'm intrigued by the idea of installing a P5-6 fork on my NP3. Please accept a belated "well done" on your build!

Quoted from the OP regarding the P5-6 (bar and) fork install:
"This one was easy and is not really a mod. It is just about gathering the pieces and putting them together. The geometry of the headtube area is very similar between the p5 and p3/p2 and it fits no problem. After ordering the small pieces, I put it all together and the P3-6 was born."

What do you mean by "the small pieces"? In other words, what do I need other than the P5-6 fork? Any words of wisdom or potential problems to consider?

While I'm asking questions, what is a fair price for a P5-6 fork these days?

Scott

He's probably referring to the beard, brake covers, etc. The fork itself is just a different fork. Neither of those aforementioned small parts are "necessary" but there really is no point in the mod aesthetically without them; it looks pretty dumb in my opinion.

A new P5-6 fork is worth either $400 or $500 to a Cervelo dealer. So, start there and work your way down depending on condition.

Not sure if you were asking this, but to go full P5 on your P5-3 you'll also "need" an Aduro bar.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

I’m running the brake cover on my P3 now, but can’t figure a hack that will allow me to install the beard without the Aduro* bar. The beard seems to attach to the bar? I could be missing something, so welcome any input on installing the beard.

*I’m not planning to go “all in” with the conversion to the Aduro as I’m dialed into my Vuka Stealth. It’s just the fork that appeals to me. This also gives me an excuse to paint the bike. I think it will be sexy.

A dealer is asking $400 for the fork, which is a better price than I see on EBay right now. So, I have that going for me.

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can use a 5mm Aduro spacer and dremel off the rear. Attach the beard to the spacer as usual. We ran Caroline Steffen's this way on her custom P5 because she used a different bar. I will try finding an image.

Jakub

Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [TheJakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes sense, thanks! I saw some pics and details of Caroline’s setup elsewhere on Slowtwitch. Flattered that you took the time to respond here.

Now I just need to source those parts. I’ve put a note into a Cervelo retailer as these little bits and pieces (spacer, mount, beard and hardware) are hard to find!

I assume the size 58 Beard for my size 58 P3? Not sure about that spec as the Beard is designed for the P5. Any idea about the dimensions (length) of the various sizes of the Beard?

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Mar 1, 18 18:43
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [brett2467] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brett2467 wrote:
I sourced the aduro bar from eBay. Someone that it wouldn't work for their fit was selling. And then the fork and covers I ordered from my local bike shop. The Maguras I got cheap from them too

Anyone know what a fair price is for an Adura bar with low and high mounts?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paid $350 for mine, but they were used.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [caferacer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caferacer wrote:
Here are some snaps of my P3 with a P5 front end. I have to keep it UCI legal, hence no p5 fork.

Sorry to necro the thread, though as I am progressing on my own P3-6 project and I have just begun working with my LBS on finding a P5-6 fork/beard/covers... reading this comment makes me wonder, if I replace the fork and hence finish the P3-6, does that mean that I can´t use it on half Ironman/Ironman events as its not UCI legal? Also why is it not UCI legal? Isn´t the fork just a part from another UCI legal bike?

Thanks a lot for the imput, and a big big thank you to the OP for posting such a great thread.

Fred
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [FredP3stone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The profile length of the fork legs is more than 3 times the width. Look up "3:1 UCI rule".

The front brake covers are not allowed either as the are considered non-structural fairings.

UCI doesn't govern triathlon so you can ride either set up in a 70.3, full or even a try a tri.

You can ride a UCI sanctioned event with the P5-3 fork. Technically you are not allowed to ride with the P5-6 fork. A tuesday night TT series won't mind but don't show up to regional/state or national competion and expect to ride with the P5-6 fork and brake covers.

P5-3 = UCI legal
P5-6 = Tri (non-UCI legal)
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [FredP3stone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
UCI has nothing to do with triathlon racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Zach,

Im awaiting a torhans BB mounted bottle so as to retro fit for a storage box on my P5.

looking at your post I'm still a little unclear if you are using your setup for fuel? or for tool/storage..

I wanted to see if i could possibly do what you have done, but utilise the BB bolt and try also have a regular bottle or aero bottle on the other DT bolts..

this would mean that it would only be a small storage cell. Anyway if I go down your path, I really require some more step by step, as I'm fearing a may ^%&^%^E it up first time.

what do you think?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would really love a more in depth step by step for the P5 torhans storage option. I have one ready to go, I don’t want to butcher the thing.

Very keen to get it happening.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [Zach.boring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since tinypic is gone I can't see the pictures anymore :( is it possible to repost them? I'm in progress of doing these mods to my P2

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you need the P5-6 bars to fluidly work with the P5-6 fork? I have a 2015 P2 with Vuka Stealth bars and would be interested in looking for a P5-6 fork to upgrade.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3-6 Ask Me Anything [kenlenuiuc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We've had a P5-6 in for a test session which had the bars swapped to Vuka Stealth from the 3T Aduros and it was a pretty good fit actually, I'd be tempted to keep the Vukas.

AeroCoach UK
http://www.aero-coach.co.uk
Quote Reply

Prev Next