Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live
Quote | Reply
I'm watching the Tour on my computer using eurosportplayer.co.uk. The video is fine and I hear ambient noise from the camera. Fans, motorcycles, etc. But there is no commentary. I'm watching the main feed, not Moto 1, Moto 2, etc.

I'm in the US and watching through a VPN (Hola).

Is anybody else who is watching the same way getting the commentary?

Thanks.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few feeds this week that were like that. I go through Steephill.tv or Sortlemon for the Eurosport play-by-play and they don't seem to be acting this way today.
Quote Reply
Re: Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EndlessH2O wrote:
I have a few feeds this week that were like that. I go through Steephill.tv or Sortlemon for the Eurosport play-by-play and they don't seem to be acting this way today.

I'm going to Eurosport directly and I'm PAYING for this. I can go to one of the free (shitty quality) feeds and I get the commentary, but not on the one I PAID for.

Is anybody else who is paying Eurosport for their feed not getting the commentary?

Thanks.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live [nslckevin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pulled this straight from another site because it was exactly what was happening to me.

Usually, when this happens to me, it means that I clicked on a direct feed of the race, and not tuned into one of the Eurosport stations.

There is Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2. And then sometimes they'll also include a stream from the host broadcaster before their coverage starts on the normal Eurosport channel.

This would be the equivalent of CBS picking up coverage when the football game starts, while NFL network might include coverage of warm ups and stuff.

If you're not getting commentary, go to the menu and select Eurosport 1 or 2, whichever one the race is being broadcast on, and see if that works.
Quote Reply
Re: Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live [joshcouch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this
Quote Reply
Re: Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, I've found that you need to click on the 1 and 2 channels to see what's on them. This morning I clicked on the one that said the tour and women's Soccer was on that channel. The one playing the tour said it had something else on.
Quote Reply
Re: Eurosport player sound, but no commentary for Tour de France live [joshcouch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joshcouch wrote:
Also, I've found that you need to click on the 1 and 2 channels to see what's on them. This morning I clicked on the one that said the tour and women's Soccer was on that channel. The one playing the tour said it had something else on.

issue is that the player is confused by programming time and our (assuming you are in North America) local time. Right now, it's indicating La Course is being shown even though it's actually stage 18. I think that's worth 5 hours of time difference btwn EDT and GMT
Quote Reply