Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Floradix and nausea
Quote | Reply
I recently started taking Floradix 2X a day for low iron. I've also recently started feeling like I was going to throw up during some of my workouts. The workouts have been easier bike workouts that shouldn't make me feel like vomiting. I'm taking the Floradix several hours after my workouts mixed with orange juice on a full stomach.

Has anyone else noticed a problem with nausea with Floradix? Did it eventually go away?
Quote Reply
Re: Floradix and nausea [milesaway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry to be indelicate but are you 'regular' on Floradix? The iron can be constipating despite all the prune juice it's concentrated in. Could this be affecting your situation?
Quote Reply
Re: Floradix and nausea [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problems in that area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I could help. I used to take it 30 mins BEFORE meals mixed in OJ, so on an empty stomach. I currently take my iron tablet (Heme-a-plex) in a similar fashion. I haven't experienced the nausea. Sorry you are having issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Floradix and nausea [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not have any tummy trouble taking it - aside from the minor rusty taste, that is. I just started taking it again a couple of months ago as my iron was borderline, apparently.

Though i do have a friend who was constantly low on iron who found any iron supplements upset her tummy. I don't think she ever knew the cause but you aren't alone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. For me the nausea came within an hour or so though. At least the symptoms aren't as bad as they were with Palafer or any of the stronger iron supplements, which felt like knives stabbing into my abdomen and would sometimes leave me incapacitated for half an hour. It's frustrating because the only help the pharmacist could provide was to suggest taking the pills with orange juice. I later switched to Floradix, which isn't nearly as strong but doesn't upset my stomach to the same extent. I tend to find the tablets easier because I can schedule them around my other activities whereas the liquid requires me to be at home and near the refrigerator.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Personal experience (coach not a doc) is that floradix does not raise iron levels. We have tried 6-8 different products an palafer cf (with vit C and folic acid) tends to work best. Right before bed seperated by 3 hours or so from food/coffee.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: Floradix and nausea [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't doubt that. I took three months of regular Palafer and my ferritin didn't change at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there, I tried Floradix and it was a disaster. I was nearly doubled over. I am one of those lucky people who is incredibly sensitive to iron.

What I did instead was very slowly increase Fer-N-Sol, which is meant for babies. I also used a prenatal vitamin with about 27 mg of iron. It took about three months to get to 10mg of iron from the Fer-N-Sol but I got there. Everything was taken with Vitamin C-containing juice. My ferritin went from 19 to 62 over two years and I felt a whole lot better.
Quote Reply