Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc with powertap recalibration
Quote | Reply
Had not used my disc w/ PT since last season. Pulled it out to do a 70.3 and the power numbers on my test ride were all over the place. Stopped the bike, took feet off the pedals, and hit "calibrate". Reading came back over 1000. Tried several more times and kept getting really high numbers. Battery is brand new. ANT+ upgrade last March.

Took the disc to my local shop. They call Saris and are told that Saris no longer provides recalibration service for disc wheels with a PT. I thought that sounded like a crappy thing for them to do. If ya have a product, even if recently discontinued, you would think you would continue to service the products already purchased.

Anyone else encounter this? Any ideas of how I can get my disc/PT recalibrated???
Quote Reply
Re: Disc with powertap recalibration [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would try to contact Saris directly...

You can also try to reach out to Wheelbuilder, they have been pretty helpful helping me convert my Powertap 808's and Zipp disc wheels to 11-speed.

---------------------------------
T. Guertin / Spocket
Quote Reply
Re: Disc with powertap recalibration [spocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spocket wrote:
I would try to contact Saris directly...

You can also try to reach out to Wheelbuilder, they have been pretty helpful helping me convert my Powertap 808's and Zipp disc wheels to 11-speed.

Sprocket, this is a very delayed response on my part but thank you for this suggestion. I've not contacted Wheelbuilder yet because I've been hoping I'd find a "magic" answer to just get the PT recalibrated. It has not happened. So, if no one else can offer a solution to recalibrate this wheel, I'll try to get Wheelbuilder involved or just sell this Zipp disc real cheap.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc with powertap recalibration [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just upgrade the internals of the Powertap?

https://www.powertap.com/...ort/powertap-service
Quote Reply
Re: Disc with powertap recalibration [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mike s wrote:
Why not just upgrade the internals of the Powertap?

https://www.powertap.com/...ort/powertap-service

I'm going to contact them about this. Thank you for the suggestion
Quote Reply