Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? June 22 Edition
Quote | Reply
Hope all the womens had a good week! Tell us about it!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 22 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Goals for this week: get legs rested for a 5k on Saturday I'll give myself a B+ here, and run that faster than I did the one this past Saturday done, 21:10 vs 22:46. Ride at least 2x done even though one was a short commute to/from swim.

I had a good week :-)

M: 6.6 mi run + 1550 yd swim
T: 6.7 mi run + 7 mi bike
W: 3000 yd swim + 3 mi bike
T: 6 mi run + 2225 yd swim + 35 min spin class
F: 10.3 mi run
S: 4.2 mi run w/ 5k race (21:10, 6th FOV)
S: 13.2 mi run

totals 6,775 yd swim + 20 mi bike + 47.1 mi run

Goals for this week: I am taking a lifeguarding course at the camp I used to work at, so I'm on Mount Desert Island for the week. Goal = do some cycling and hiking and OW swimming while I am here :-)

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Bike x 4: win with 5
Swim x 3: win with 4
Core/strength/rehab x 4: win
Try not to let the misery get on top of me too much: eeh..

I also ran 3 times, because the injury was feeling better by Tuesday and I couldn't resist - I'd been out cycling and seen a bunch of people running, so I jumped off my bike and ran for a whole 7mins.

Was sore again the next day, but not as badly as I'd feared...so I tried another 20mins on Thursday, and a little over 30mins on Saturday. It's going ok. There's still some soreness, but it's not as bad and I can feel I'm getting stronger. Just have to be very careful.

The marriage thing is ok. It's just something I should have realised about my husband a long time ago - it's who he's always been, I just hadn't seen it with such clarity before (in almost 12 years married). I can live with it. Thank you to those who reached out with kindness - I appreciate you taking the time to offer your care.

This week's goals:
Swim x 4
Bike x 4
Run x 3
Core/strength/rehab x 4

Have an off-road tri on Saturday that I'm doing as a relay with my husband. Hoping I'll do a better job of the swim than I did at my first tri of the year, and that I don't do any further damage on the 10k run up a ski hill/escarpment and around technical mountain bike trails. Also hoping my husband doesn't hurt himself on the bike - this is the race I broke my wrist at in 2012, and my poor honey bailed a couple of times on our trail ride on Sunday which shook his confidence badly. I was actually surprised I got through it upright; this washed-out riverstone stuff is tough sledding.

Quote | Reply
Sounds like you are set up for a good week this week!

I am still not back in my routine but getting there; exercise is such a huge part of my routine that I really feel the changes emotionally. There was lots of driving last week and that really got to me, so much so that my 100k bike ride came as a blessed relief because I wasn't stuck in a car! It was also my first time to try out my new Betty Designs cycling kit and I am a fan :-)

I have my first tri of the season at the end of the week - an Oly in Saskatoon. It was the location of my disastrous first tri ever last year so I'm hoping for some redemption. We drive down Friday and the plan is to spend as much time as I can in the lake on Friday and Saturday because OWS remains my nemesis. The instant I put my face in the water I freak out and forget to breathe out, and usually land up breathing in instead. I keep reminding myself that I do this to push myself but there are some days when I wonder whether I'd be better off seeing how many oreos I can eat in one sitting.

Hope everyone else is having a good week :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that it's almost over... :-)

Last week's goals:
- ride 3 times DONE including a bonus MTB session that unfortunately ended with a massive endo - I'm still all bruised up :-( - but the ride up to that point was great!
- run 4 times (once I get past missing my running buddy) FAIL only ran twice, just can't get my brain into it yet...
- more house stuffs DONE painting of top 3rd (super high, all shingles) is done, d
- take care of doggy DONE she's definitely feeling a lot better and more like her old self...

This week:
Not a lot of anything. Enjoy walking with doggy this week, and figure out how I'm going to get off the running schneid. After this week, when school is done for K, I will be starting my summer of riding to work almost every day so I'm going to focus on that for now. I'm signing up for a short track skating camp in August with a famous coach, so I might look into some inline skates. :-) Also had our realtor friend take a look at our house and he gave us really good advice on what to fix-up/improve and what to leave. He gave us a rough listing value that he thought our house would sell for, and it was quite a bit higher than we expected, so that was a nice surprise. Continue to enjoy/take advantage of my 4-day work week (this week's day off was nice walk with doggy, lunch with a friend, massive butcher shop run, gardening).

Guess it's kind of a holding pattern... which is OK. :-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? June 22 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
- take care of doggy DONE she's definitely feeling a lot better and more like her old self...
Yay! Glad to hear it.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply