Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Is this more than paint CRACK?? Cervelo S5 VWD [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sell it "as is", let the new owner shop around for a fix, Calfee isn't the only one that can repair it.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this more than paint CRACK?? Cervelo S5 VWD [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aarondb4 wrote:

How much are you going to sell it for unrepaired?

I am not sure yet...

I just spoke to Calfee and they say that the repair is warranted for 10 years. The catch is that the warranty only applies the ORIGINAL owner who sent it in. Which would either be me, or the new owner.

I guess it makes it sense to sell AS IS... and let the new owner fix it and get the warranty on it.

If the frame had no crack... it is worth 2000-2500 on Ebay less fees.

Make me an offer... knowing that the repair is 300 to repair and another 300 to match paint.
Last edited by: Donzo98: Jun 10, 15 10:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shop around on your repair - Ruckus Composites out of Portland will probably do that for $350-400 with paint included.

I would go through the tap test (and push on it to see if anything is squishy) to help evaluate it. Regardless of if it is a structural crack or not someone will want to touch it up, and that looks to be a pretty difficult touch up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
aarondb4 wrote:

How much are you going to sell it for unrepaired?

I am not sure yet...

I just spoke to Calfee and they say that the repair is warranted for 10 years. The catch is that the warranty only applies the ORIGINAL owner who sent it in. Which would either be me, or the new owner.

I guess it makes it sense to sell AS IS... and let the new owner fix it and get the warranty on it.

If the frame had no crack... it is worth 2000-2500 on Ebay less fees.

Make me an offer... knowing that the repair is 300 to repair and another 300 to match paint.

Cervelo will not warranty? Not saying they should for sure...just wondering if you had at least exhausted that option already.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this more than paint CRACK?? Cervelo S5 VWD [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No warranty...

I am not the original owner.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frame is on it's way to Cyclocarbon...

Great prices and Drew is super nice and easy to deal with.

I will keep you posted.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this more than paint CRACK?? Cervelo S5 VWD [nineiron24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a 2009 Cervelo R3SL limited tour edition. I was cleaning it and noticed hairline cracks near the bottom bracket. I sent pics to Cervelo & they said take it to my authorized Cervelo dealer to start a warranty claim. Since I purchased just the frame, I took the groupset, bars, etc off.
Took the frame to the nearest Cervelo dealer end of October 2014 and was "given" and brand new R5 for $500. It arrived around the end of January '15. I could have had a '14 for just a swap. The dealer said they cut up the damaged frame.
To the OP...ya that's a crack.
Quote Reply
Re: Is this more than paint CRACK?? Cervelo S5 VWD [Blmgtnbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blmgtnbkr wrote:
I had a 2009 Cervelo R3SL limited tour edition. I was cleaning it and noticed hairline cracks near the bottom bracket. I sent pics to Cervelo & they said take it to my authorized Cervelo dealer to start a warranty claim. Since I purchased just the frame, I took the groupset, bars, etc off.
Took the frame to the nearest Cervelo dealer end of October 2014 and was "given" and brand new R5 for $500. It arrived around the end of January '15. I could have had a '14 for just a swap. The dealer said they cut up the damaged frame.
To the OP...ya that's a crack.

Yup... a crack no doubt. It's on the way to get repaired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looks scary! Is it covered by warrantee?
Quote Reply
Re: Is this more than paint CRACK?? Cervelo S5 VWD [ranetrane] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ranetrane wrote:
looks scary! Is it covered by warrantee?

If you actually read the thread, you can figure that out all by yourself!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@Donzo98 did this turn out to be just a paint crack? I have the exact same frame and an exact same looking crack in the same place. Wondering the same thing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Yup... a crack no doubt. It's on the way to get repaired.

What ever came of this Donzo98? Did you get the crack fixed?
Quote Reply

Prev Next