Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Real reason to have a significant other...
Quote | Reply
...is to take the trash out and do the bills when I'm away.

Does anyone else have a job that has them traveling a lot? Mine has me home for a week, then away for a week, then home, then away for two weeks, etc. It sure would be convenient to have a girlfriend to feed the cat, take the trash out, make sure my bills get paid, etc. Plus the other obvious benefits of course. Obviously, the very reason it would be nice to have someone here at home, is also the reason there isn't anyone here at home. Ahh the romantic life of a young Naval Officer. Going to sea, seeing the world, having no social life at all or time to work out on a regular basis....sometimes this job really sucks.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Real reason to have a significant other... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah but women are the spawn of Satan, dont forget...

"Yeah but women are the spawn of Satan, dont forget... "

Absolutely true, and not a thing to be set aside lightly. If I traced this issue out, I'd probably find evidence that this is all part of their grand scheme to make men (and me in particular) miserable. ;-)

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Real reason to have a significant other... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All jobs really suck at times, even Paris Hilton's. But that's for another thread. The question of resolve is are you making a difference. My bet (low b bennett stakes) is you are.
Quote Reply
Re: Real reason to have a significant other... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She watched the house for 10 yrs.

I was gone 8- 10 months yr for 10 yrs in this house, 30 -100 days at a crack. As far as domestic labor I wont make salads ( I'm the grill guy ) or fold clothes ( I dress out of the drier ) without a woman's help , but floors scrubbing / Vac / laundry / dishes / bathrooms /windows , I am on it . Otherwise papers are the biggest mess ( need to connect a shredder to the mail box slot ).

Working 40- 70 hours a week reduces time to argue. 20 yrs same happy girl / no marriage in sight. We both make about the same $$$ , so no asymmetric cash flow problems ( HUGE PLUS ) .
Quote Reply