Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending
Quote | Reply
Today Democratic Governor Blanco proposed tax cuts to help the economy in her state recover and prosper.

Today, as every day, Republicans in Congress are finding more and more ways to spend tens of billions of dollars the government doesn't have.

Does anyone else see anything wrong with this picture?
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Abandon ship

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a great point Casey. The Republican Party is very vulnerable to Perot type third party whose platform is fiscal responsibility.

As far as the comment about abandoning ship, which ship? Your answer looks to be both ships.
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pull some of those old, unused fiscal responsibility planks from the hull of the Republican ship, and some of the social/environmental responsibility planks from the Democrat ship & build a new one. Then hire captains McCain & Guilliani to sail that baby.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The next time someone pipes up with their conservative BS about liberals blah blah blah just point to our national debt. It's a disgrace and ask them to defend it. No real conservative could/would possible support it. Bush's 2nd term is like Carter's first, we can't get him out of office fast enough.

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with that formula (social liberalism plus fiscal conservatism) is that it just doesn't work. Read Arts' earlier post about Japan and Germany. No free lunch.
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem with that formula (social liberalism plus fiscal conservatism) is that it just doesn't work. Read Arts' earlier post about Japan and Germany. No free lunch.

The reason is pretty obvious, too- I've never met a social liberal that doesn't think government money should be used to fix most problems.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is an interesting comment. Guliani may fit that bill. I hope he steps up for the presidential race. It will be very interesting seeing him try to win the vote of people like me. He might just pull it off.

His record in NY would indicate he can't be any less fiscally responsible than the current crop in Congress and the Whitehouse.
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [tri_bri2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Notice I said social responsibility, not liberalism.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think it's unlikely that the republicans would nominate a pro-choice, pro-gay candidate that had a nasty divorce involving a mistress.
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about a drunk moron with a tarnished service record?

iambigkahunatony.com
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [Wolfwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't be so sure.

I am as conservative as they come, at least according to the people on this board who seem to think I am a wacko, neo everything. The only obvious concern I would have with Guliani would be his choice of judges. He could convince me he would be OK on that front.

I have never actually liked the guy. I thought he was an irresponsible, show boating, ego driven prosecutor, but it is hard not to respect the guy for his record as NY mayor.

You can't beat somebody with nobody. The only ones I see stepping up at this point are Senators, who are almost disasters as candidates or as President, and some governors that I don't think I like.

Rice would be an exception, but she said she isn't running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is an interesting comment. Guliani may fit that bill.

I don't remember Guliani getting much love from the social liberals while he was mayor, at least pre 9/11. Something about gestapo tactics to clean the streets, and whatnot.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think what you are referring too is the cleaning up of the Time Square area by removing prostitutes, pimps and the pandhandlers. He did nothing illegal, Times Square Flourishes today compared to before and if that's gestapo tactics someone needs to start using the same tactics on the streets of San Francisco. Where's Karl Malden when we need him?

"The great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He did nothing illegal, Times Square Flourishes today compared to before and if that's gestapo tactics someone needs to start using the same tactics on the streets of San Francisco.

Hey, I'm not saying I agree with the characterization. I'm just saying that when he was mayor, the social liberals didn't seem to be all that enamored with him. I suspect their feelings would not change much if he's elected president and acts like a fiscal conservative. (Cause then he'd be starving little babies, and such.)

Last edited by: vitus979: Sep 28, 05 16:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm having trouble coming up with any candidate from any party that I could get excited about.
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [DualFual] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like the environment with be ideal for Hillary to be President. God help us if that woman is elected.
Quote Reply
Re: Blanco wants tax cuts, Republicans want more spending [jkca1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
someone needs to start using the same tactics on the streets of San Francisco.
Do you remember Frank Jordan? I campagined for him when I was in high school...